Epilators (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
I love epilators. I've been using it for years so I don't take much notice of the pain. Although it's annoying when you miss a whole patch of hair. :(

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Bunny04 said:
this things hurt like hell. I tried it out last night.. and freaking hell.. it's the most painfull thing ever.. I hope you guys are right about it not hurting after a few goes.. cause my eyes were watering Lol ^.^
the first time i used it, i refused to try again for over a year because of how much it hurt. my mother forced me to use it again short of holding a gun to my head (she was the one who paid for it) and after i began using it, i was amazed. and now it practically doesent hurt except for afew areas, and thats not bad anyway. and hair has actually stop growing on some parts of my leg

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
yeah me too, hair doesnt even grow anymore on most of my shins, but it hurt like all hell when i first used it.

i dont have any underarm hair at all anymore because i used it for about 2 years every month or so.

and yes rob, you have hair on the back of your knees. it's quite fine but trust me...its there.

UGFighter

HSC
you girls are so melodramatic. pft! as if there's any pain in waxing... I doubt there's much pain in eppi-whatever-lating either!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
UGFighter said:
you girls are so melodramatic. pft! as if there's any pain in waxing... I doubt there's much pain in eppi-whatever-lating either!
alright then wise-guy. go get an epilator from the shop and epilate your underarm hair with it. im SURE you can handle the pain, you big strong man you...

waxing doesnt hurt at all. epilating the first time feels like slowly being eaten alive.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Thats my fear, I mean, with waxing yeah theres the initial sting, but it goes in what, half a millisecond..but from all accounts the pain from epilating lasts a looooot longer...but the thought of my hair not growing anymore...hmmm, big factors to weigh up!

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
you still will have hair...just possibly not as much..my friends and i have all noticed some areas on our legs where hair now does not grow but thats not a guarantee. after the first say epilating sessions you wont even care about the pain. you get used to it

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
But even *less* hair (as opposed to *no* hair) would be the shizzle!

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i think it is the best option in so many ways. it only takes like half an hour now and i do it about once a week. compared to the hassle of shaving every day or saving up to get a wax and actually making the effort to go out and get waxed i think it is minimum hassle

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
i have the braun silk epil (pink one)
and faaaaaaar out it kills when you first try it!

but you have to hack the pain for the first few times you do it, and it gets easier and easier!
soon you'l start to notice a difference
its much better than shaving, and less expensive then getting waxed all the time

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
i have a braun one, it's purple i think. it hurt like hell the first few times, but now the hair on my legs grows back in patches and takes ages to actually appear.

kaylz

HSC
what's the best one to get and how much is it? i don't get why people find waxing so painful. i kind of like the feeling (that sounds weird...) Sometimes I tweeze around my lower leg when I get bored. For some reason that triggers my gag reflex and i retch. Probably a psychological thing, but for some reason it happens every time. Would that be the same as epilating?

Kirika

HSC
I bought the Emjoi Gently Gold Caress yesterday and i love it! have only used it on my upper thigh so far, and i figure it will actually hurt on the darker hairs (no pain on the light hairs though) but so far i think its awesome! mind you i was a bit scared when i turned it on, the buzzing noise was quite disarming...

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
kaylz said:
what's the best one to get and how much is it? i don't get why people find waxing so painful. i kind of like the feeling (that sounds weird...) Sometimes I tweeze around my lower leg when I get bored. For some reason that triggers my gag reflex and i retch. Probably a psychological thing, but for some reason it happens every time. Would that be the same as epilating?

i actually dont mind waxing either (not counting brazilians). I'm not sadistic or anyhting but i dont find it hurts that much. maybe its cos of the sensation of hair being gone and having smooth skin? I just feel a lot 'cleaner' or something after waxing. the reason i choose epilating over waxing is because of $$$

Kirika

HSC
Not at all. I quite enjoyed the feeling of the hair coming off my legs, it wasnt really a pain as such, just, yeah. The underarms however hurt like hell. And some of the follicles bled a little. Was worth it though for the hair freee underarm!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
They've been advertising Emjoi a lot lately and it's got me thinking. I'm considering getting Laser Hair Removal or an epilator (big difference in price, i know). I just wanted to know 2 things:

1) has anyone tried it on their bikini? just how much does it hurt there? and
2) does it cause ingrowns??

alby

cool duckie
HSC
grk_styl said:
They've been advertising Emjoi a lot lately and it's got me thinking. I'm considering getting Laser Hair Removal or an epilator (big difference in price, i know). I just wanted to know 2 things:

1) has anyone tried it on their bikini? just how much does it hurt there? and
2) does it cause ingrowns??
1) havent tried it, but it'd probably kill really bad caus the hair there is much coarser (more than your armpit)
2) as long as you loofah, etc regularly (ie. when you epilate, and once or twice in between goes..probably once every 1-2 weeks) you shouldnt get any ingrowns

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)