Equal Rank (1 Viewer)

Counterfeit

HSC
Yet another question concerning rankings... But I have to know.

Ok. In english i am ranked equal 9th. I was 9th on my own, but then person number 10 got moved up (why do they let english teachers do maths!!??)

Anyway!

How will that affect me in the HSC? Should i campain to get my lone 9th rank back?

Ok, hypothetical situation:

Person A and B are the two people ranked 9th internally.

Person A bombs out and gets ranked 19th in the HSC with a mark of 75
And person B aces it, getting a rank of 2nd with a mark of 98
The 9th ranked person in the HSC gets a mark of 80

What will person A's mark be? What will person B's mark be?

They wouldn't get the same mark would they?!!?

I heard that the lowest mark out of the two is used?? So the top one is then just disregarded??

The thought that i possibly have to rely on another person for my HSC mark is eating me up inside.
The thought that there is a person possibly relying on me is terrifying!

!Help!

Last edited:

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
No, you shouldn't campaign to have it changed- it will have no bearing on your HSC internal mark (extremely insignificant). You will both get the same mark as your internal- bombing out in the exam will make a difference to the whole class, not the person who's ranked equally with them. You should learn more about the process, I don't have time to explain it to you. The short answer is: No, it doesn't make a difference, you have nothing to worry about. Trust me, forget it.

jdrockefeller

HSC
I'd like to offer a conflicting opinion to the two listed above. Both both options have already been taken. Damn. So, in answer to your question and with reference to the helpful advice above, it'll either effect you or...it wont.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
jdrockefeller said:
I'd like to offer a conflicting opinion to the two listed above. Both both options have already been taken. Damn. So, in answer to your question and with reference to the helpful advice above, it'll either effect you or...it wont.
It is quite simple- the effect will be extremely insignificant. depending on class sizes of course, but judging by the fact that the original poster is ranked 9th we can assume that the class isn't that small. So there is virtually no point in appealing this ranking to his/her school or the BOS. Maybe just ask your teacher why this happened sometime next week. There is a good chance that in fact you and 10th were always meant to be equal 9th and the latest move was a correction to a past mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)