equality and difference (1 Viewer)

allyburdon

i have an assessment on human rights in relation to equality and difference... any ideas on what i should be talking about??? could really use some help!!

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
ummm.....possibly talk about how the effectiveness of legal measures maintain human rights and thus you can discuss how these measures relate to the equality or subsequent difference of people within society. you can use refugees or immigrants as a good way to show how human rights injustices can lead to equality or inequality when these people are allowed into society.

im not too sure how well i put that but i hoped it helped, its also probably a little bit to legal studies, but i tried...good luck....when is it due?

steffo

steph
HSC
allyburdon said:
i have an assessment on human rights in relation to equality and difference... any ideas on what i should be talking about??? could really use some help!!
fairly broad topic... any more specifications?
human rights can cover a variety of things in this topic, depending on your case study.have a look at the Universal Declaration of Human Rights http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html to see how your topic fits in. there are many ways inequality occurs due to the breaching of human rights - discrimination, genocide, unequal rights (e.g. unequal pay, unequal treatment in the workforce), racism, sexism, homophobia, ETC ETC ETC.
the basic human rights are contained in that declaration, and when those human rights are not respected or enforced, then inequality exists. the declaration exists to provide a more equal and humane global society.
check the site. i used it for my assignment on homosexuality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)