Equity Scholarships (1 Viewer)

untouchablecuz

HSC
hey guys,

i just realised that Equity Scholarship outcomes come out next monday. anyone here gotten one in the past? i got an ATAR of 98.4, am on youth allowance, and went to a disadvantaged PSP school (school rank low 600s last year and mid 500s this year). do you reckon i have a good chance of getting one?

one more question, i'd just like to confirm that equity scholarships are seperate from all university scholarships, that is, i AM able to concurrently hold both a equity scholarship and a UNSW co op scholarship, right?

thanks for the help

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I've done a fair bit of reading on this and if your are referring to the Equity scholarhips handed out by the NSW government then you "should" have had a good chance... but I believe that they were discontinued this year because of unpassed legislation. This may only be in reference to the relocation scholarship though.

If they are going ahead, you are certainly able to hold a UNSW scholarship and an Equity scholarship by all means.

untouchablecuz

HSC
I've done a fair bit of reading on this and if your are referring to the Equity scholarhips handed out by the NSW government then you "should" have had a good chance... but I believe that they were discontinued this year because of unpassed legislation. This may only be in reference to the relocation scholarship though.

If they are going ahead, you are certainly able to hold a UNSW scholarship and an Equity scholarship by all means.
what i'm refering to are the ~6k p.a. scholarships given, if these exist... my friends brother got one

also, the ones that didn't pass were the commonwealth start up scholarships (2k p.a. guaranteed to all youth allowance recipients)

thanks

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
what i'm refering to are the ~6k p.a. scholarships given, if these exist... my friends brother got one

also, the ones that didn't pass were the commonwealth start up scholarships (2k p.a. guaranteed to all youth allowance recipients)

thanks
Were these the ones advertised on the UAC website?

spazamataz

HSC
I didn't send my additional documentation.. whoops...
How the hell was I supposed to prove that i've lived here for 10 years?

debts

HSC
N/A
certificate of citizenship or visa if you were a permanent resident? something like that

i should've applied, but i think the criteria is a lot more stringent than EAS. oh, and does anyone know when that commonwealth start-up scholarship is paid? like a few weeks after we confirm study details?

spazamataz

HSC
certificate of citizenship or visa if you were a permanent resident? something like that

i should've applied, but i think the criteria is a lot more stringent than EAS. oh, and does anyone know when that commonwealth start-up scholarship is paid? like a few weeks after we confirm study details?
I don't think the start-up ones have been passed?
I was going for the re-location scholarship and rural isolation or something, they wanted bank statements that proved my address every year for 10 years.
Oh well.

debts

HSC
N/A
it's already been passed and is now in effect as of the 1st of Jan 2010: Overview

shady145

Banned
HSC
it's already been passed and is now in effect as of the 1st of Jan 2010: Overview
nah... old information... didnt pass through the senate

start up scholarships didnt pass<---2254/year
and relocation allowance didnt pass<---4000 in 1st year, 1000 in second, 1000 in 3rd

untouchablecuz
do you get the max from centrelink? i think people who get the max have a better chance :)
equity scholarships were given back to the seperate uni's to hand out.
i think you have a good chance of getting one... i dnt know the chance, but i hope i get one too...

have you heard anything about the ACCESS Students or smart start?

goodluck

leoyh

mic`
HSC
How do you apply if you're already in uni but want to get on it?

debts

HSC
N/A
nah... old information... didnt pass through the senate

start up scholarships didnt pass<---2254/year
and relocation allowance didnt pass<---4000 in 1st year, 1000 in second, 1000 in 3rd
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
fucken lame

What’s happening to the proposed new Student Income Support Scholarships?

As legislation to give effect to the proposed reforms to student income support has not been approved by the Parliament, this means that the proposed new scholarships for higher education students - a new Student Start-up Scholarship and a new Relocation Scholarship - will not be available from the beginning of 2010.
The Government has indicated that it intends to bring the legislation for these reforms back to Parliament early in 2010.
i should've really, really applied for equity then.

elv09

HSC
quick question guys:

so there's no other sort of means testing for the Equity Scholarship besides that of the ATAR and whether or not you are on youth allowance?

shady145

Banned
HSC
quick question guys:

so there's no other sort of means testing for the Equity Scholarship besides that of the ATAR and whether or not you are on youth allowance?
I dnt think that ATAR plays a role.
And if you receive centrelink is not the only factor when it comes to these scholarships... many different factors, such as caring responsibilities, going to a rural school... moving >100km to go to uni (i dnt remember which other reasons there are.) take place in choosing people to get these scholarships... more of these you have the better chance you have.

i should've really, really applied for equity then.
yea...
what uni are you going to?
there are currently 2 different uni's that re-opened es applications.

after it didnt pass through the senate they gave you 2 weeks to apply for all equity scholarships (it got extended this year) on uac...

debts

HSC
N/A
what uni are you going to?
there are currently 2 different uni's that re-opened es applications.

after it didnt pass through the senate they gave you 2 weeks to apply for all equity scholarships (it got extended this year) on uac...
i know UWS and UTS have re-opened - but the problem is that i don't think i'll get into UTS and UWS i didn't get EAS for, so bleh no money.

Thecorey0

HSC
Op: I remember reading in the Equity book thing from UAC, that for the majority of the equity scholarships specific to UNSW said something along the lines of 'requirement: Cannot be holding one or more non-government scholarships'

Lufa

HSC
iget centerlink money do i have to apply for the startup or what eva its called, or is it auto?

shady145

Banned
HSC
iget centerlink money do i have to apply for the startup or what eva its called, or is it auto?
Did you not read the thread... it didnt get passed through the senate so its not going anymore... you dnt get anything ok??? besides your regular centrelink payment

samaccount123

HSC
Anyone know what time the results come out online next Monday?? 8:30 AM when uac offices open?? or 9 AM on the 25th?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)