ER affected by IR Reform? (1 Viewer)

Owyn

HSC
Our teacher didnt teach us very well on ER legislation because of the possible IR Reform. I know there doing something with it in parliament atm, but how does this effect us? My teacher said they took marks off in the past years when a legislation change occured if the student didnt use the current information, so do I need to learn the old or new IR legislation?

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
umm dun noe... cos they haven't implemented work choices yet and they said that it might not be passed till december or even later because of the tough debate and opposition of the bill by various groups... but i think you should noe the proposed changes that may occur if the legislation was to be passed and the implications for business and employees ...

it is called the Workplace Relations Amendment (Work Choices) Bill 2005

heres da workchoices booklet to read through what they are proposing... https://www.workchoices.gov.au/NR/r...65-5DD4CE9073D2/0/WorkChoices_Booklet_1mb.pdf

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
Owyn said:
My teacher said they took marks off in the past years when a legislation change occured if the student didnt use the current information, so do I need to learn the old or new IR legislation?
Your teachers an idiot. Of course you would not loose marks. The New IR Reforms arent in the Syllabus therefore you do not NEED to know them. Although if you did know them they would spark up your essay.

Owyn

HSC
sylabbus doesnt specify, it says the legal framework, so if that law stuff changes, it would change...but i think im gonna go with the old laws

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You won't get penalised for using CURRENT STUFF- although knowing what is about to be implemented will give your work just that little bit more extra.

Jexi

HSC
From a business POV, the current proposals aren't going to much of a relevant thing because they haven't been implemented yet. From an economic view though, its life and death.

So really, you don't need to know it. But yes if you want to go that extra mile.

Langrepa

Patrick
HSC
No question will involve specific knowledge of the current IR reforms for 2 main reasons:

1. Its not in the syllabus
2. The HSC was written in August prior to much of the controversy that has surrounded the IR reforms and its composition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)