er wots the difference between aerospace eng and mechatronic (space) eng? (1 Viewer)

antarctic

HSC
Well, aerospace is space engineering with an aeronautical flavour, while mechatronics (space) is space engineering with a mechatronic flavour. Generally, both do the basic aero courses, and space courses, and aerospace has more aeronautical aspects, and mechatronic has more mechanical/electronic/mechatronic aspects to it.
AFAIK, in first semsester of first semester, the two degrees have identical courses/units of study.
If you want to know more, a good place to go is the 2005 USyd faculty of engineering handbook - it outlines the units of study for all engineering courses, and offers good info for comparing the two courses.

Regards

Antarctic

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The fact that the latter is far superior?:p

j/k, but there's from memory about 4 units of study difference between mechanical and mechatronics space, along with one doing different electives. In mechatronics those four units will be mechatronics 1-3 as well as power systems and drives, while I think aeronautical would have aerodynamics and such.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
there is no such degree as aerospace (as KC always re itterates)
aerospace is the school of space engineering and this is broken up into aeronuatical, mechanical and mechatronic degrees

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Aerospace actually encompasses aeronautical (regular) and all of the space engineerings, if we want to split hairs...
EDIT: Oh and congrats on being elected class representative.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
heh thanks

who are u though, u say u r in my maths tut yet u never identify yourself :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Haha I was talking to you the other day actually before the tute. On Monday I'll be the one wearing the Fontana campaign shirt, that should be easily identifiable:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)