eraseable pens (1 Viewer)

Dubya

failing physics
HSC
hey has anyone got those pens that have eraseable ink. i got a couple today and they r tops however wats the go in exams. would it be wise to write in ink that can come off? cos as far as neatness goes the rip but im thinking they mite be not allowed cos technically sum1 could erase ur whole exam

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
You probably don't even have the time to rub stuff out anyway in a lot of exams. I don't see the problem with just crossing mistakes out...

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Just use a normal pen and put a line through your mistakes, the hsc isn't a place to try and be fancy.... so just use a pen, preferably a black one... although that idea was based on me merely noticing that a majority of the top sample responses from previous hsc papers were written by students who use a black pen....

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yeah, i'd go with safety... because a little bit of messy writing is better than you're entire hsc paper dissappearing off the paper on which it was written.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
With an eraseable pen (which I've been using succesfully for almost a year) you must wait for the ink to dry before you attempt to erase it, other wise you are unsuccesful and you end up smudging everywhere. That said, stick with drawing lines through things.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
wasn't the whole point of 'thou shalt not write in pencil' due to the fact that pencil is erasable? hmm (???)

Originally posted by Raiks
Just use a normal pen and put a line through your mistakes, the hsc isn't a place to try and be fancy.... so just use a pen, preferably a black one... although that idea was based on me merely noticing that a majority of the top sample responses from previous hsc papers were written by students who use a black pen....
My english teacher told us to use black too :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+
wasn't the whole point of 'thou shalt not write in pencil' due to the fact that pencil is erasable? hmm (???)
Half that (maybe the marker will hate you) but also because it is difficult to read (the marker WILL hate you) and it smudges off - losing potential band 6 material.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Chand
Why black? :confused:
Its probably because when black fades (like if your running out of ink) its easier to read, plus all the band 5/6 answers in the standards packages are in black in therefore it follows that to do well you must use black ink.

Winston

HSC
man dont worry about neatness the bloody exemplar responses are in somewhat not readable lol

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
Its probably because when black fades (like if your running out of ink) its easier to read, plus all the band 5/6 answers in the standards packages are in black in therefore it follows that to do well you must use black ink.
Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
one of the reasons for black is
most ppl use a blue pen, so the markers get tired of this and when they see a paper written in black it stands out....

oh ok...I never noticed that..thanks.

Winston

HSC
actually to my knowledge black is the official colour for official legal documents anyway, someone correct me if im wrong.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
erasables aren't very good coz their ink is very powdery and easily rubbed off if your palm or fist slides over the page.

there is nothing wrong with striking-through your mistakes in an exam. my english teacher says anything that's struck-through but readable can still get read and marks awarded.

slyball

i got given a black papermate eraseable pen 9 years ago, and i still have it (it works) because i still use it sparingly to this day because it's bloody fantastic. :p that pen doesn't seem to have any problems with ink drying, or powder.. that's the good thing about it. however, erased with a rubber the imprint is rather visible.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
with pen colour, im not sure if it really matters between black and blue, but just make sure you dont write in red, fluro green/pink and various other 'out there' colours

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
1. i'll change my pen
2. haha!
Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
one of the reasons for black is
most ppl use a blue pen, so the markers get tired of this and when they see a paper written in black it stands out....
see 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)