• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

rosepetal25

HSC
N/A
any of the ey trainees opted to start the traineeship at the end of semester 1?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Seems like I'm not the only one who's starting to wonder "What if I don't get the marks"... one of my friends got into PwC but didn't get the marks =(

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Yeh, I am worried about the marks too. lol.

Anybody got an interview for actuarial co-op? please let me know.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Tsk tsk shouldn't be applying for co-op when you have cadetships! Well that's what the UTS website said- and it's true, wouldn't it be funny if the HR ppl from your firm were on the interviewing panel for a co-op?

ishq

brown?
HSC
seremify007 said:
Tsk tsk shouldn't be applying for co-op when you have cadetships! Well that's what the UTS website said- and it's true, wouldn't it be funny if the HR ppl from your firm were on the interviewing panel for a co-op?
He's asking for his friend :)
And the UTS website says that you may 'conditionally' accept cadetship offers - they wouldn't want you to be left completely high and dry in the hope of gaining a co-op! :)

Many people at Baulko like to double dip - don't they?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ROFL... how do you know that about Baulko =P ... I don't think anyone double dipped this year, but in the past the people who did UTS co-ops did. I felt it was somewhat immoral because essentially you've taken a job away from someone else who might want it, and if you're happy with what you've got (I was happy with what I got) there's no point in applying for something else?

Btw that conditional thing- c'mon.. do you think ANYBODY said to their employer back when we signed our contracts beginning of July- "Hey... is it ok for me to apply for a co-op program? Sure if I get in, I might not accept it.. but in case I do, you'll have to find someone else to take my job... it won't be too much trouble will it? I'll find out if I get in around November or December.. that still gives you guys 2 months or so before the start date?" ... Somehow I can imagine the loon on the HR manager as they say "Uhh.."

ishq

brown?
HSC
The 'conditional' is taken quite seriously. It was the same when I was tossing up whether or not I wanted to commit to a cadetship or wait for the co-ops and try my luck then. I mean, seriously if you think about it, most of the high achievers (not me) don't really have a strong moral ground (Its not an insult). Rather, its about the best opportunity available to them, to further their career and education.

So, looking at it that way, a co-op is the best option.

And anyway, so many people take cadetships even though they are interested in completely different fields - medicine, law, actuarial...'just in case'. The companies know this and so always take on more people than they orginally intended...'just in case'.

:)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I know what you mean there- I was quite disappointed in a few people I know who applied for everything with no intention of doing them... it meant that people out there who really wanted to do it, didn't get the opportunities.

As for the moral thing- I'm not sure if Sandy told you, but upon getting my offer which I knew I was going to accept, I rang up all the firms I had interviews with in the following weeks and withdrew my applications, and then offered to participate in group interviews if they needed me to (in case they were missing people and groups would become uneven).

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Yes indeed...but amidst all that...Actuarial Co-Op interview anyone? lol :rolleyes:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I feel like making a topic called "Accounting" (what an unbiased topic name compared to this one)... but then.. blah can't be bothered =]

ishq

brown?
HSC
lol jeff....you know you love the Ernsty-Youngyness of this thread :D

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
yeh just left it to this one brother...its cranking.

ishq

brown?
HSC
will we become the 'advice givers' next year when the '06ers are applying for cadetships? That will be soooo cool. Like we are pros and know it all...

VLTURBO

HSC
Does everyone think they will get into their cadetship after u got ur HSC results? at first i thought i wouldnt, but im pretty confident now. I know a few ppl that got knocked back after they got their results

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Well estimated UAI, school grade projected median UAI, school past history, etc.. they'd all indicate I'm in the green.

But then, as our school principal said to us at graduation- nothing in life is guaranteed.

... although that's good because it's kept me somewhat egy and on my feet during the HSC- otherwise I might've just bummed along and done nothing.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
VLTURBO said:
Does everyone think they will get into their cadetship after u got ur HSC results? at first i thought i wouldnt, but im pretty confident now. I know a few ppl that got knocked back after they got their results
ahh crap, i hate hearing the disaster stories. EY never once suggested to me that I get knocked back if I dont do super...like i doubt ill get below 80...but i also doubt ill get above 90. lol. I wonder what the limit is.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Isn't the limit pretty much you have to get into a uni course which will enable you to complete CA later on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)