Ernst & Young (2 Viewers)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
babee_blu_eyez said:
everyone ready for monday? (those ey ones who start mon ie.)
I got no money for a train ticket...lol

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
§eraphim said:
Credit Suisse owns EY.

Btw, does anyone know how many summer vacation positions EY offers in corporate finance and actuarial?
In Actuarial, theres 1 position - so yes, highly competitive
(a mate of mine went for it last year)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
What do we think?

I am impressed, however we have only just finished the induction :p

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
It is such a drastic change in lifestyle that none of us have the energy/time to post anymore. lol.

¬_¬

HSC
I noticed that. Maybe it's time for a PwC topic (jkjk!).

There seems to be a lot of Deloitte advertising in university this year I noticed.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
politik said:
Anyone doing training during their First Year at PwC? I really want to do that this year...
PWC and Ernst and Young r rival companies
These people work at Ernst and Young :p
However there is no PWC thread yet.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Yeh I think this year is the first year Deloitte are taking trainees/cadets, they have never usually done that.

Politik as for wanting one at PwC, I think you should apply for all of them, even smaller firms, because at the end of the day, there is not much difference. And after all, different firms look for different things, and you just might not have what they want. I know ppl that got an offer from PwC and not EY, and I know ppl who got EY and no offer from PwC.

goan_crazy

HSC
Meads said:
I know ppl that got an offer from PwC and not EY, and I know ppl who got EY and no offer from PwC.
I know someone that got an offer from PwC, EY & KPMG
how lucky!
they took EY but.

ishq

brown?
HSC
politik said:
Anyone doing training during their First Year at PwC? I really want to do that this year...
PwC only takes school leavers doesnt it? You would have had to apply in the cadetships round last year..?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
ishq said:
PwC only takes school leavers doesnt it? You would have had to apply in the cadetships round last year..?
No I applied during 2nd sem of first year and received an offer. Hope that helps.

goan_crazy

HSC
InfiniteQ said:
No I applied during 2nd sem of first year and received an offer. Hope that helps.
I hope I can get something If I apply :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Meads said:
Yeh I think this year is the first year Deloitte are taking trainees/cadets, they have never usually done that.
They stopped the cadetship program back in 2002 (back when they were still called DTT), I don't think they are offering cadetships this year though are they? They are taking in vacationers (ie. 1st years) though.

Meads said:
Politik as for wanting one at PwC, I think you should apply for all of them, even smaller firms, because at the end of the day, there is not much difference. And after all, different firms look for different things, and you just might not have what they want. I know ppl that got an offer from PwC and not EY, and I know ppl who got EY and no offer from PwC.
Haha agreed. Different firms have different values and I think it's probably a good idea to apply for a variety of firms. After all, it's the job of the recruiters to find the candidate who is not only fit for the job, but fits in with the company/firm and their ideals. Of course there are some people who are 'one size fits all' because they are 'that great', but there's no point being fake in an interview if it only leads you into a job at a company you can't stand!

ishq said:
They have vacation work too I'd imagine... or were you referring to people entering the Cadetship program?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
goan_crazy said:
I hope I can get something If I apply :)
I see you're doing a double... they might be a bit iffy about that just cos it takes you super long to finish your degree.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
theone123 said:
how are u cadets finding work? easy or hard? easy to adjust?
I am enjoying it to date, despite the fact that it can be quiet every now and then. But this just leaves me a good oppurtunity to get uni work done.

It can get pretty technical, with alot of reading and analysing to be done to come out with the right answer.

Grad applications for next year are closing soon...anyone applied?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)