Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
The idea of this thread was never to slander other firms.

It just so happened that when I started the thread I was referring to EY specifically, hence being labelled 'Ernst & Young', but it has since become the central location of traineeship/graduate chatter for any firm.

aricho

HSC
N/A
hey has anyone got a copy of the tests they might give you?
like psychometric or mathematical and verbal?
i dont really know what to expect? are there any practise ones available?
what kind of testing did you guys have to do?

shengyeo

Sheng
HSC
Hey Aricho,

Depending on which firm you are applying for will determine what the tests are like. Ernst and Young is one firm that uses these tests, as i had to do one last year. They are not that hard, based on common sense and cant be studied for. Basically they test ur ability to read and understand a question without coming to conclusions based upon what u assume to be right. Well that is how i saw it anyway. I assume it will be like last year and you will be sent a practise one before u have to go for the interview.

The best piece of advice is to be yourself, it is really obvious to interviewers if u are trying to be something you are not.

Good luck, hope this helps
Sheng

duckydavid

HSC
Hey everyone,

I am doing first year commerce at melbourne and I applied for a cadetship with EY for 2008 (EY is one of the few firms that allow first years). Does anyone know if the recruitment process is the same for people like me and those in year 12? Has anyone been offered an interview yet?

Cheers

michaelaraco

HSC
HI guys, i see that soem of you have been sucessful in appkying for these cadetships and i was wondering if you could help em out, i got a UTS BACC interview on my 18th bithday July 13th i was wondering if anyone coudl tell me any quesitons they ask
the things you do at your firm
recommendations on business advisory

thansk very much, contact me on

michaelaraco@hotmail.com
publicenemyi8u@hotmail.com

kinematic

HSC
Yay! I got interviews with PwC and Deloitte, anyone from E&Y know if they have already rung up trainees? I really want to work at E&Y... this is Melbourne by the way. Oh and no reply from KPMG either :(

Well next Tue is the PwC "Information Session". "Congratulations once again on getting this far and good luck with the rest of the process. We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday." <- Anyone know how many people were chosen to go to the the session?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
kinematic said:
Yay! I got interviews with PwC and Deloitte, anyone from E&Y know if they have already rung up trainees? I really want to work at E&Y... this is Melbourne by the way. Oh and no reply from KPMG either :(

Well next Tue is the PwC "Information Session". "Congratulations once again on getting this far and good luck with the rest of the process. We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday." <- Anyone know how many people were chosen to go to the the session?
800-900 students

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Pre assessment info night tomorrow night. I recommend you make a show and potentially meet the people that will be interviewing you!

jazzman89

HSC
i got an offer yesterday for Ernst & Young Corporate Tax... any1 else here get a cadetship position in the same division??

Ryan

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
jazzman89 said:
i got an offer yesterday for Ernst & Young Corporate Tax... any1 else here get a cadetship position in the same division??

Ryan
Congrats mate. I might see you around the office.

mismatch

HSC
jazzman89 said:

Ryan
Hey Ryan

This is Christine. I recieved my offer in Corp Tax as well. We were in the same group interview. See you next Thursday!

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
mismatch said:
Hi Meads!:wave:
Sorry, I'm kinda newbie, but what does TCE stand for? :confused:

Do you go to UTS? Might see you around.
Technology, Communications and Entertainment.

Yeh I got to UTS, I may see you around indeed.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Meads said:
Technology, Communications and Entertainment.

Yeh I got to UTS, I may see you around indeed.
Do you associate with a Manager by the name of Lee-Ann?

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Minai said:
Do you associate with a Manager by the name of Lee-Ann?
Indeed. Recently promoted. Just about to take Maternity leave?

Yeh I imagine as an Auditor you would deal with our SGM tax practice regularly.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Meads said:
Indeed. Recently promoted. Just about to take Maternity leave?

Yeh I imagine as an Auditor you would deal with our SGM tax practice regularly.
Mmm she works on one of my clients - real headache as the finance manager's tax skill levels are quite scratchy at best

mojako

HSC
hi
im applying for EY vacation program
i need to choose from
Assurance & Advisory Business Services
Tax
Transaction Advisory Services

which one would be the easiest to get in if you have no experience and not in penultimate year (im in 3rd yr of a 5.5 yrs double degree)?

which one is most interesting?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)