Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
how can you give business advice when you have had no experience in business?

thats what i dont get about uni teachers...most havent even been in the industry they are teaching...its all textbook shit

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
how can you give business advice when you have had no experience in business?

thats what i dont get about uni teachers...most havent even been in the industry they are teaching...its all textbook shit
I am pretty sure most uni lecturer's have experience in the business world.

Lecturing is not one of those jobs you walk into straight out of uni, you typically spend a substantial amount of time in the real world gaining experience before you decide lecturing is your thing.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Meads said:
I am pretty sure most uni lecturer's have experience in the business world.

Lecturing is not one of those jobs you walk into straight out of uni, you typically spend a substantial amount of time in the real world gaining experience before you decide lecturing is your thing.
this guy from UTS came to talk to us about going from TAFE to uni...and i do hospitality and he is the head of tourism...which is all related but anyway i asked him what his work background was...he said 15 years as a banker, 4 in tourism and 15 as a teacher...

i thought to myself...how can this guy teach a subject with only 4 years experience?

my head tafe teacher in hospitality has been food and beverage manager in hotels all over sth-east asia...now she has experience and i look up to her...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)