Err, Painting . . . (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

Does anyone here know anything about painting? I really want to get into it but I dont know the first thing about it like the equipment and stuff you need. Any advice?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
If you're still at school, talk to an art teacher. My art teacher in year 10 new heaps, and I'm sure, if they're nice, they'll let you use some of the materials

G

Gavvvvvin

Yeah the art teachers at my school are cool. Back in year 7, I always used to knock off art supplies :D

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Every art teacher I had was bitchy, oh except one we had for 6 months while "she" was on maternity leave..
well I only had 2 art teachers coz there was only 2 that taught in in our school..
The equipment that you need to basically start painting is:

A variety of paint brushes- like a small brush, medium brush and larger brush..which you can pick up from an art shop, stationary shop, newsagent..

For starters at the art shop or stationary shop or mabye even office works sells it,you can pick up canvases, there are 2 different types- one which is an actual canvas piece, and theres another one called: Quality artist canvas panel- it is acrylic primed for use with all mediums..
I think the second one would be best for you to practise with,plus its also cheaper..
you can buy the plastic paint palletes or you can just use an icecream container lid , like we used to use sometimes in art..
oh and don't forget the paint
;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)