• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Eshays (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeoldejeremy

HSC
This is a survey on the youth subculture of Lads/Eshays/White-hats. If the latter two of these names do not ring any bells to you, chances are you aren't from NSW, particularly Sydney's West. I would appreciate it if you only did this if you know what I'm talking about. Thank you.

Location (exampli gratia Upper Mountains, Inner West, et cetera):
Do you identify as any subculture (e.g. emo, lad, metal head)? If so please specify:
Have you ever been…
[ ] Physically assaulted by a lad
[ ] Verbally assaulted by a lad
[ ] Sexually assaulted by a lad
[ ] Stared at menacingly by a lad
What aspects of lad culture do you like?
[ ] Music (gabber)
[ ] Clothing (Canterbury pants etc.)
[ ] Art (graffiti)
[ ] Language ('eshay' etc.)
[ ] Other (specify):_________________________________________________

Of these two conflicting subcultures put brackets around the number to indicate where your preference lies?
EMO 5 4 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 4 5 LAD

Do you believe the violent way they act should be respected because it is part of their culture? Y [ ] N [ ]
Do you feel intimidated when in the presence of lads? Y [ ] N [ ]
Do you have any lad friends? Y [ ] N [ ]
Do you ever hang out with a group of lads? Y [ ] N [ ]
Thank you.
Extra comments/lad stories:

myeye

HSC
Sex:Female
Do you identify as any subculture (e.g. emo, lad, metal head)? If so please specify: me, no not lass, not emo, spose sorta preppy but i jus do wat i want
Have you ever been…
[Y] Physically assaulted by a lad
[Y] Verbally assaulted by a lad
[N] Sexually assaulted by a lad
[Y] Stared at menacingly by a lad
[ ] Music (gabber) yeh hardstyles is alrite, ex raver me
[ ] Clothing : nautica fleeces my god!!! TNs are comfy! trackies are warm, but not all at once!
[ ] Art (graffiti) my brother and bf do mad pieces, i hate 'taggers' who jus do it to be cool
[ ] Language ('eshay' etc.) yeh u onkgray/red-hot/of-scales its all slang and that which is whats needed to conform to be a lad but generally they didnt come out with those words (eshays... i think eshes/smokes/sessions)
[ ] Other (specify):_ i dnt like any part of what u think is lad culture coz its not really culture, its a sub-group which copies other groups. alot of things i hate about em

Of these two conflicting subcultures put brackets around the number to indicate where your preference lies?
EMO 5 4 3 2 1 0 1 (2) 3 4 5 LAD

Do you believe the violent way they act should be respected because it is part of their culture? Shit NO, we live in Aus. alot of them are aussie proud but that does not mean they can break the law coz its their 'way'. no i do not respect them
Do you feel intimidated when in the presence of lads? depends, i had alot of lad friends, and still speak to some but i noe which ones are the truly bad ones (generally older ones) and they good ones who are jus young, vunerable and too easily impressionable
Do you have any lad friends? yes
Do you ever hang out with a group of lads? yes if i need a cone
Thank you.

lads.vs.lads
at my local maccas a group of younger 'enemy' lads (they're in KS and frm Rozelle) hooliganising about, the manager gets the phone out and i know from experience hes gona call the cops so i tell the youngeens get out now, its best for you. so they all slowly dispersed from the venue and then to my suprise my local boys (db or LOK? i dno anymore) come driving round with eggs and egged em. i asked my lad friends why they jus egged their own kind and they responded 'they;re younger, we can do what we like to em'....
ahhaah/.... enuf said

amyg238

HSC
Sex: F
Location (exampli gratia Upper Mountains, Inner West, et cetera): Eastern Suburbs
Do you identify as any subculture (e.g. emo, lad, metal head)? If so please specify: err hmm rock/alternative, if I HAVE to say something
Have you ever been…
[ n] Physically assaulted by a lad
[n ] Verbally assaulted by a lad
[ n] Sexually assaulted by a lad
[n ] Stared at menacingly by a lad
[ ] Music (gabber)
[ ] Clothing (Canterbury pants etc.)
[some good tags] Art (graffiti)
[ ] Language ('eshay' etc.)
[ ] Other (specify):________________________________________ _________

EMO 5 (4) 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 4 5 LAD

Do you believe the violent way they act should be respected because it is part of their culture? Y [ ] N [x]
Do you feel intimidated when in the presence of lads? Y [x] N [ ]
Do you have any lad friends? Y [x] N [ ]
Do you ever hang out with a group of lads? Y [ ] N [x]
Thank you.
Hmmm we always go skating down Maroubra beach but when we hear the lads coming we get out fast. Yeah, thats pretty much all I've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)