ESL or Standard English?? (1 Viewer)

rude

if you had a choice, which one would you do??

I've heard that maximum mark in HSC for Standard English is 75, while in ESL you can get band 5 or 6

thanks in advance

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I had a choice, but i choose to do ESL coz you can atucally get a Band 6 in ESL.
In the 2002 HSC, the top mark for Standard was Band 5, 89%
the top mark for ESL was Band 6, 95% (which got scaled to 100)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
What the?? Why did you choose Extension over ESL?? Are you sure you can get a band 6 in EX2 and 1 and Advanced English at the same time?

Fply

I've just finished the ESL Trial today. Actually you can get it from boardofstudies, the past paper

Fply

I can't post it yet, ~cos the teacher has collected the paper. Maybe few days later~~~

Fply

Paper1:How does the texts you have studied shape your perspective (I can't remember the whole question, but it should looks like that)
Paper 2: dialogue( can't remember) merely just talks about how does dialogue show the relation between people
Paper3: a interview with a student who had done the ESL last year. It will show on a local council's board and within the interview you should show the most effective way to study ~` and some study techniques ~~~ ( can't remember the whole question again ~~~~)

ToRnaDo

HSC
Oh mannn try to remember it, Fply. What paper did u do? was it CSSA 2003?? If yes, nvm coz my trial exam will not be CSSA heheh. If no..try to remeber the question and post here, pls

sophiepig

hi,Fply~
which school r u in? i 've got same ESL papers as u .....
but i did so bad.......555555555555.......-_-#

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)