ESL scales higher than STANDARD? (1 Viewer)

rundotop

HSC
N/A
Why?

There's probably a forum on this. But I'm to lazy to search it.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
I think OP is referring ot why Standard is capped lower than ESL rather than scaled (probably is mixed up by the terminology). Why else would she bother posting a thread if both courses scale the same?

rundotop

HSC
N/A
esl scales higher than advanced english

it's a known fact.

also easier to do well in ESL

twistedrebel

HSC
as if?
ive heard standard scales like SHIT and its extremely hard to get band 6 in it
they scale the same, a 80 in standard is same as 80 in advance in terms of scaling. Standard is harder to get good marks. Top 3-4% get band 5 + in standard, while top 30-35% get it in advance.

rundotop

HSC
N/A
they scale the same, a 80 in standard is same as 80 in advance in terms of scaling. Standard is harder to get good marks. Top 3-4% get band 5 + in standard, while top 30-35% get it in advance.
ESL scales like 0.5 more than Standard
according to Matrix Atar Calculator
while also percentage wise it's easier to get a higher mark in ESL than Standard too. So not only does it scale a bit higher, it's easier to do well, and more people get band 6.

Last edited:

muzeikchun852

HSC
ESL scales like 0.5 more than Standard
according to Matrix Atar Calculator
while also percentage wise it's easier to get a higher mark in ESL than Advanced too. So not only does it scale a bit higher, it's easier to do well, and more people get band 6.
is it better to do ESL than advanced?

ibbi00

HSC
Based on this I'd say you'd be saving a lot of precious time by taking up ESL and still do well in it. Though there's quite a number of uni's with English standard or advanced as a prerequisite.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Based on this I'd say you'd be saving a lot of precious time by taking up ESL and still do well in it. Though there's quite a number of uni's with English standard or advanced as a prerequisite.
this.

and I wish i could do ESL, english is the worst subject in the world.

muzeikchun852

HSC
like wat course?

rundotop

HSC
N/A
but not most of these prequisite
are just recommended
and not complusory....

and when you know how to speak and write english. It's not that important to know what a simile, metaphor is and it's effect is when you're cutting up people in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)