ESSAY HELP: Assess the strategies that management may use to respond to the influence (1 Viewer)

Seanos_Nachos

HSC
I have an in class business studies essay for an assignment and am preparing a draft at home.
The essay question is:

"Assess the strategies that management may use to respond to the influences in operations"

I am struggling to link the strategies with the influences on operations.
So far I have

- Globalisation is an influence and a response is Outsourcing
- Quality Expectations is an influence and a response is Quality Management

What other strategies can I link to the different influences.
PLEASE HELP!!

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Re: ESSAY HELP: Assess the strategies that management may use to respond to the influ

There's plenty of ways in which Influence in Operations actually affect Operation Strategies. In fact, I think the Operation Strategies are measures set into place to take advantage of the influences in Operations.

Well, performance objectives are also set into place for quality expectations- several of them are set so proper 'controls' can be administered by the business.
Cost-based competition is a big influence on operations, as most companies are trying their best to minimise cost, maximise profit. Effective implementation of supply chain management, inventory management and technology is likely to reduce costs and ultimately gain more profit for the business.
On a far-fetched note, maybe Overcoming resistance to change is related to legal influences and government influences? (e.g. Tax laws, or maybe Qantas' new "Rule of two" that greatly affects operations (as well as Human resources).

This list isn't exhaustive, but may give you a generalised idea on how these ideas are all interlinking and quite relevant to one another.
I think this is a section IV response, be prepared with a Business Case Study....:)

Wishing you the best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)