ESSAY HELP PLEASE QUESTION 2 (1 Viewer)

MinnieMinnie

HSC
"Storytelling has the power to both affirm and challenge cultural practices."
I am confused on how to answer this question for the novel Handmaid's tale and film Children Of Men
Any help would be appreciated.

MrSir

HSC
N/A
"Storytelling has the power to both affirm and challenge cultural practices."
I am confused on how to answer this question for the novel Handmaid's tale and film Children Of Men
Any help would be appreciated.

AJ_264

HSC
I think the best way to answer this question would be typing it up on google docs.

MinnieMinnie

HSC
I think the best way to answer this question would be typing it up on google docs.
I'm not asking for answers, I simply can't get my head around on how to answer this question and what the question actually means.

I'm sorry for being so defensive, it's just the way that your coming off is rude, and it makes me feel like I'm not trying at all.

I sincerely apologise for asking for help when i am struggling...

Minari243

HSC
I'm not familiar with the novel so I can't help much. If that's the thesis, then try to see if there's anything in the novel that directly corresponds to real life cultural practices, or if you can dive deeper if any action implies it. Then see if the scene mocks the cultural practice, therefore challenging it, or in some way stating that the practice actually works or puts it on a positive light. Sorry if that didn't help, I think I'm a year younger than you.

Last edited:

MinnieMinnie

HSC
I'm not familiar with the novel so I can't help much. If that's the thesis, then try to see if there's anything in the novel that directly corresponds to real life cultural practices, or if you can dive deeper if any action implies it. Then see if the scene mocks the cultural practice, therefore challenging it, or in some way stating that the practice actually works or puts it on a positive light. Sorry if that didn't help, I think I'm a year younger than you.
No it's okay, Thank you so much, that was of great help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)