• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

essay help plz........ (1 Viewer)

saladin

HSC
"Evaluate how technology, the media and institutional power may influence the future directions of teen film." MAN HOW CAN I START???? and WAT CAN I PUT IN??? for pop culture we r doin teen films

Kulazzi

HSC
well talk about technology, media and power....

introduce the common storyline of teen flicks, eg. clueless, she's the man (released just this year), girl/boy loves boy/girl, but that boy/girl does not love girl/boy so girl/boy have to go out of their way to make an impression on the boy/girl blah blah blah

Institutional meaning "Of or relating to the principles or institutes of a subject..."

Talk about tech, media and insitutional power outside the film industry: How is technology constructing teen flicks? Eg, the use of an ipod in a movie has possibly set a trend among the youths. What about the media? How do they portray the youth as opposed to the ones portrayed in the movies? The media usually presents youth as corrupted and violent (just a generlisation) whereas teen flicks portrays the youth as a normal teenager: going to school, clubs, hanging out with friends etc.

as for future prediction: film directors will now produce a teenage film based on a youth's corrupted/violent ways as seen through the media these days. Do you agree/disagree? Why/Why not?

some more movies:

princess diaries
10 things I hate about you

Last edited:

saladin

HSC
thnx, but how can i talk abt tech with pop culture and teen films??

Kulazzi

HSC
the use of modern-day technology?

I didn't do pop culture so I'm not sure. There must be something in the textbook regrding technology and pop culture and then you can link that with teen films.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)