essay help (1 Viewer)

guy

HSC
pretty selfish to start a new thread when probably heaps of similar ones. anywho:

do you think damien hirst is a recent enough artist to finish on if you talk about artists all through the ages from aboriginal cave etchings and stuff?

soso

HSC
N/A
It depends on the question. One suggestion is to do the art paper backwards. Star with the big essay in Section II then work your way backwards through Section I This way if you run out of time you only threaten a question worth 5 marks instead of an essay worth 25 marks.

Look at the question. Underline the key words. Start your essay with a punchy quote that sums up your answer. Use a key sentence to start each paragraph and limit what you write about. You can write enough for a book on some questions.

Remember to use lots of details like dates, country of origin, size etc that can be found besides pictures in Section I. One of my friends also used the pictures in Section I to help answer his question in Section II. He got an OK mark.

Write in the terms of the syllabus. Use lots of words from the syllabus. Teachers like that. Find the syllabus on the BOS site. I like that www.aaart.tv site. Its got lots of stuff. I have used it all year

guy

HSC
errr thanks heh
but i rang the student line about my question
hmm she was like "yeah that would be ok i guess..."
didn't seem that amazingly confident
meh

lazybum

HSC
N/A
hey i think i'm also going to do damien hirst , i want to do a postmodern question or a question where artists challenge conventions
how many artists should one put in an essay ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)