essay length (1 Viewer)

flirter_988

chocolate solves all
HSC
AOS Essay. How long is yours? Typed up, and written. Mine is 2 pages typed, 5 pages written. I think I need to add more depth or another related text.

zedzed

HSC
word count around 1250.

6 pages written - but remember you have to mould it to suit the question and that will make your essay longer.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
just over 1000 words.. ill be happy if i write that much in the exam

frankyd

starlight woo!
HSC
Well, my essay is about 1200 when i assemble it together, because I have all four prescribed, 2 stimulus and 2 related prepared, but only write on 2 prescribed, one stim and one related in the exam unless otherwise asked for.

But as for length... my writing is messy unless I write big and clear so it can be read. I've got some print outs of exam book pages and it takes me about 20 of those pages maybe more to write (they are quite big spaced lines in those books so don't get worried it's still the same 1200 words)

But it doesn't matter. The markers can tell how substantial in length the response is by the time it takes to mark. If 3 pages of 1200 words takes them 25 minutes and 20 pages of another person's writing takes 25mins then they realise that its the same.

The whole "lots of pages" refers to people who write 3 pages in huge handwriting like mine which amounts to little over 400 words and no huge insight or substnatial dicussion of the journey.

Don't be stressing about this now... get down and learn the material !:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)