essay memorising tips? (1 Viewer)

juliastiles

HSC
I need tips on how to memorise my essays for common mod, mod A and mod B. I'm not memorising the whole thing, just my intro and like the quotes, techniques, analysis portion of my paragraphs, so leaving out the links and point sentences. Is it better to keep writing it out over and over or should I read it out loud? Writing is helpful but its so time consuming and I need to memorise all three

vishnay

God
HSC
I need tips on how to memorise my essays for common mod, mod A and mod B. I'm not memorising the whole thing, just my intro and like the quotes, techniques, analysis portion of my paragraphs, so leaving out the links and point sentences. Is it better to keep writing it out over and over or should I read it out loud? Writing is helpful but its so time consuming and I need to memorise all three
reading it out loud is quicker (at least for me)

juliastiles

HSC
reading it out loud is quicker (at least for me)
yeah it seems more efficient compared to writing since I have three essays to memorise but how many times should I read it out loud? Also do you go line by line, paragraph by paragraph etc??

laterz laterz

HSC
yeah it seems more efficient compared to writing since I have three essays to memorise but how many times should I read it out loud? Also do you go line by line, paragraph by paragraph etc??
just keep walking and reading. so like according to every QTE, not the whole para. read the QTE while looking, then read it like half-looking, and then while not looking at all. once the para is over, do it again for the same para and then move on to the next para. hope this makes sense lol

juliastiles

HSC
just keep walking and reading. so like according to every QTE, not the whole para. read the QTE while looking, then read it like half-looking, and then while not looking at all. once the para is over, do it again for the same para and then move on to the next para. hope this makes sense lol
so basically to clarify walking and reading the QTE 3-4 times:
- first time looking
- second time half looking
- third time no looking

laterz laterz

HSC
so basically to clarify walking and reading the QTE 3-4 times:
- first time looking
- second time half looking
- third time no looking
yep that's correct and once the para is over, do it again. so basically twice for the same para and then move on to the next para.

juliastiles

HSC
i just write it over and over again
may not be time efficient but meh works out coz of muscle memory
i usually hand write too but i have 3 essays to memorise before wednesday and eco on thursday so i cant afford to go that 😭

icycledough

HSC
I would implement both styles of learning; I find both active dictation and writing to be the 2 most efficient ways, especially with content-heavy subjects. You can also practice with family and friends, just reciting to them while they listen. Typing can also be used as it's much faster than hand-writing is. What I heard as well which is a good technique is that you can go for a walk (make sure you're not just cooped in your room as much as you will have to) and listen to yourself reciting the essay. The more it's drilled in your head, the easier it is to remember it. If you're a musical or creative person, you can remember like the trigger word or letter for each sentence by creating a song or mnemonic if that helps you.

zizi2003_

HSC
i have a friend who memorises stuff by creating song lyrics, parodies or videos lolol and it works pretty well for her

DheerChoudhury

HSC
Take a look at this video:

I watched it a while ago and tried using it to memorize my essays. While it's crazy that it does work instantly, you'd obviously need to do it over a period of days to really absorb it deep into your long-term memory. Give it a try!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)