Essay on "Belonging Brings Acceptance" (1 Viewer)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
that question, to me, is fugged up.

In my opinion... acceptance is belonging.

but then you can just bullshit something about the positives of belonging anyway, and link it back to being accepted

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
my half yearly question was 'acceptance is the key to belonging.Discuss.'

student6625

HSC
Yeah, acceptance causes belonging, not the other way around.
Exactly.

But you could pretty much just switch the word 'belonging' around with 'acceptance', although it may not work very well. It's a weird question IMO.

1ltx

HSC
well. yeah... weird question...

anyway thanks guyz...

Sick-of-it

HSC
well, belonging is Necessary for acceptance. Thats what our class has to derive from it apparently. hope that was Mildly Helpful :)

StephenM

HSC
Hey ... your definition sounds good!
I think to understand the notion of belonging = acceptance, you must understand exclusion.
In my opinion belonging brings about acceptance in that we cannot help but belong. E.g. one that likes pop music, belongs (and is therefore accepted) into a group of people with a similar like. Those that don't may be accepted (and therefore belong) to people that like alternative music instead. Regardless of their specific likes, both persons are observed to belong to a group of people who like music....
Argh, the analogy continues lol
Basically, there are so many levels of acceptance, but while belonging exists, acceptance remains inevitable...
Isn't to belong, to be accepted?

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
yeah beef is right acceptance is before belonging since to belong you must be accepted

curlygirl93

HSC
yeah beef is right acceptance is before belonging since to belong you must be accepted
but that just means he disagrees with the question because belonging doesn't lead to acceptance, acceptance leads to belonging,

you have to formulate your own opinion, if you don't agree say you don't agree and say it how it should be .i.e. say why you don't, back it up then say what yoou think it should be and back it up

isn't that more logical? and 'brendroid' was smart in making you think because its YOUR opinion and views not someone elses

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
but it'd be easier to argue and create a more solid argument by arguing acceptance brings belonging

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)