essay on frankenstein (1 Viewer)

bonamy

HSC
can anyone help me. i have to write an essay on how the novel frankenstein has been adapted into the popular culture text- the richard branagh's film frankenstein. what am i meant to write about? i need urgent help. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx.

Season

HSC
I'll assume that you meant Kenneth Branagh's "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein" rather then Richard.

Okay you should start by writing down the differences between the two versions

I'll get you started

a) the ending was changed, he makes his dead wife Elizabeth into another monster and fails horribly AGAIN

- what does this suggest

b) the movie paints Victor's only flaw in neglecting the monster, while in the book its not only neglect but embarrassment, he refuses to save Justine when he has a chance to etc.

c) what is his motive for creating the monster, the book presents multiple reasons why he might have done so while the movie presents only one sole reason why

d)his profession changes

etc. etc.

analyse what these plot changes do to the movie, the ideas, themes, characters, messages, mood

Now analyse WHY these might have been changed

ie is it the social context
are these themes still relevant
is it to make a more one sided fight
etc. etc.

there's more then enough to deal with here.

mottowa

HSC
i found this for what i did last yr.

hope it helps!

Evercursed

Troubled Thinker
HSC
Some essay I wrote last year. Horribly flawed, needed much more work but it should give you a direction on where to take your response. Man, Gothic rocked. If only I have the same zeal for Revenge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)