• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Essay On Globalistaion - Russia (1 Viewer)

W!S

Im writing an essay on the economy of Russia is regard to globalisation and i was wondering if anyone could help as to how to begin my essay, what topics to talk about etc. Also if you have ne info it would b most appreciated....

Thanx.

ellipsis

HSC
Your beginning will depend on whether globalistation was good or bad for Russia.

I wouldn't really know, as I'm doing China, but since they both are/were communist, I'll tell you what I'm doing:

I've been comparing statistics from when it was completely closed of from the world, to when it has been affected by globalistaion - trading with other countries etc.
Look at improvements/falls in employment, equality of income, GDP, foregn direct investment, stuff like that.

Some sites I've seen

www.worldbank.org/data/countrydata/countrydata.html

This site traces changes over three decades in some economic indicators (like GDP) and stuff like that. Theres some other O.K stuff on the world bank site too.

The HDI is a good thing to look at too, but I've forgotten the website. run google and you'll probably find it.

Hope that helps. :)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
W!S unless ur russian and u really really like researching on russia, i'd advice u not to do Russia. There are much better countries out there to do it on. Plus Russia hasn't benefited much from globalisation. (Growth in 1980s higher den 1990s)
So besides the structural change (which really isnt due to globalisation), deres nuffin much to right about.

BOSSSSS

HSC
^this is true. im doing russia and im finding it difficult to write about it but its too late for me to change it! its due this week!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)