Essay Predictions - HSC 2008 (1 Viewer)

tau281290

HSC
Re: Predictions for Essays

I think labour markets and industrial reforms won't be in the essays. Look at the current situation and from the time of writing of the HSC papers early in the year, its a complete mess. Its unpredictability in Rudd's policies will make the question invalid in the HSC.

Most likely to be Fiscal policy, monetary policy, inflation or exchange rate for the essays since they haven't been tested on last year or two.

I can even predict the short answers too. They are highly likely to be Microeconomic reform, labour market + IR laws, general state of economy, or monetary policy.

That's what I think, open to debate. =D

Last edited:

mcs-one

Grease Bucket
HSC
inflation! its major economic issue and objective/policy of this current government.

cs01001

HSC
I have a feeling its on Environmental Economics from chapter 3 because of those whole Carbon trading, Kyoto Protocol, Report from the Ross Garnaut etc in the news lately. But then it was done in the 2006 HSC, so I am not exactly sure.

Maybe on Fiscal Policy?

tau281290

HSC
~OFF TOPIC~
Does anyone know where to get the solutions for econ past papers without paying a cent? Library? Only one in my school library though.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
cs01001 said:
Maybe on Fiscal Policy?
I dunno about fiscal. I'm pretty sure there was one on it last year.

Anyway, I dont really get the point of predictions. Either you prepare for all of them despite the predictions and you are prepared in the exam, or you only prepare for some and do shit when they dont come up.

I know what I'm doing!

xsjado

HSC
^^Or you could prepare for anything but focus on certain areas.
I wouldn't spend too much time on labour markets since the Rudd government is changing it and also because it was asked last year.

himynameisho

HSC
There is bound to be a big environmental economics question somewhere and my two cents is on exchange rate and monetary.

Quite seriously, just study everything so you actually feel prepared going in

conics2008

HSC
hey guys have you ever thought about the labour policies crap eg work choices..

also 100% of fiscal policy, because of the new budget crap.

economics is full of crap serioulsy, its a solid/dead subject. You need to up-to-date in order to get good returns.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
tau281290 said:
~OFF TOPIC~
Does anyone know where to get the solutions for econ past papers without paying a cent? Library? Only one in my school library though.
I remember those exemplers from those 'red and blue' books with real questions with answers categorised by grade. They are online-
http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/standards-packs/SP02_15110/
(2002)
http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/standards-packs/SP01_15110/
(2001)

There are solutions if you go to Board of Studies and click for past exams.

I predict the essay questions will be on: protectionism, exchange rates, globalisation and microeconomic reform to improve economic efficiency.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
conics2008 said:
hey guys have you ever thought about the labour policies crap eg work choices...
It was asked last year.
So was the Case Study.
So chances are it won't be asked this year's HSC.

runnable

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
It was asked last year.
So was the Case Study.
So chances are it won't be asked this year's HSC.
Thats what they want you to think. :ninja:

dolce2008

HSC
i think that the essay question of going to be on income and wealth distribution. it has never been done before, in any of the HSC exams......ever!
And since the Board of Studies is running out of ideas, them maybe they will hit us with this one.............*shrugs*

Tha Wishkah

HSC
globilisation and inflation

other choices will be CAD and fiscal policy.

Just remember who told you.

topofthehill

HSC
Not sure if you all are aware of this but apparently the Case Study has to examined this year -> It's no longer an option.. Anyone else heard the same?

cs01001

HSC
topofthehill said:
Not sure if you all are aware of this but apparently the Case Study has to examined this year -> It's no longer an option.. Anyone else heard the same?
The case study of Topic 1 was made compulsory last year or something, but I really doubt they will ask it again in 2008 since it was asked in last year's HSC.

But still, learn it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)