Essay Question help (1 Viewer)

Freaky

HSC
N/A
Discuss possible government responses to changes in the global economy that have affected Australia's trade and financial flows.

hmm..any suggestions how to tackle this one?

Haku

first talk about how australia is integrated into the world economy.
than u got the problems, like how the govt dun have as much control in things cause of the influence of the world economy.
list causes,
list effects.
talk about possible tackling methods.
conflict
policy.

but i would just do the other question instead.

Freaky

HSC
N/A
Yea i would do the other question aswel... but u see, it was one of those "blah blah blah on any country other then australia "
Now im not bothering on studying brazil, so i get stuck with the crappy question.. lol.

Pixydust*

Freaky said:
Discuss possible government responses to changes in the global economy that have affected Australia's trade and financial flows.

?
okay i'd minimise any background info - just mention briefly in your intro how Australia is integrated with the global economy and how our policies are influenced by its activity as a result then dive straight into what its asking you to do. first identify the CHANGES in the global economy and the POLICY response...rather difficult lol i'd concentrate on the move to trade liberalisation, growth in the Asia economic region, deregulation of financial markets and changes in MNC's/patterns in trade.
now to tackle the policies, i'd discuss the pro's and cons of various FTA's, Multi-lat and regional agreements Australia has become involved with, focusing particularly on our attempts to integrate with the Asia-Pacific region - maybe even our recent bid to join ASEAN. Okay another change i read about just yesterday in the paper was predicted slow down in global economic growth as sources of recent growth (.e.g. China and Indias economic boom) wear away. how will the government respond to this? possibly introduce expansionary fiscal policy (unlikely though) to minimise the slump which could occur in our levels of economic growth. really, once you get in to it, there is an endless amount of things you could say :) btw deregulation of our financial markets also occured in response to greater capital mobility and similar policies throughout the world - here id talk about the intro of 16 foreign banks into australia, the RBA's lost ability to directly affect interest rates....you know how it goes lol/

Freaky

HSC
N/A
fair enough, makes a bit more sense now, thanks for clearing that up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)