essay question (1 Viewer)

HSC
will you get marks if you draw graphs in your essays? (if its applicable) or does it really not matter

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Markers will recognise that some essays are more effectively written when you have a graph/diagram in it, while others do not lend themselves to the use of a diagram. For example, if you do an essay on exchange rates and do not put a diagram, then that is a bad thing as exchange rates essays lend themselves to the use of at least one diagram. However, if it is an essay on purely economic growth for example, then typically you don't really need a diagram and markers will understand that. Diagrams are only enhancing your answer when they are relevant to the question at hand. Hope this helps! :)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Not necessarily, I've done mine in pen and haven't raised any issues with teacher at school yet.

determine

Premium Member
HSC
I believe those graphs should be in pencil?
Not an issue. You probably don't even need a ruler!!!! I think they'll forgive you if you draw free-hand graphs, you're pushed for time as it is in the HSC exams without having to sit there and draw nice neat lines haha!

hup

HSC
N/A
ive never heard of drawing graphs in eco
what do you guys mean?

determine

Premium Member
HSC
as in demand/supply graphs in essays.

also, do drawing graphs give you more marks?
As I said above, they won't give you more marks if they're irrelevant. But if the graph is appropriate/insightful, then it will create a better impression and thus most likely increase you mark. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)