• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Essay Questions (1 Viewer)

alex991

HSC
I reckon we will have-

Family - a question on assessing the effectiveness of the law in relation to ily memeber and dealing with marriage in some shape or form

World Order - A question on limitations of international law and the role of non legal measures

What does everyone else think???

*Baby-K*

HSC
alex991 said:
I reckon we will have-

Family - a question on assessing the effectiveness of the law in relation to ily memeber and dealing with marriage in some shape or form

World Order - A question on limitations of international law and the role of non legal measures

What does everyone else think???
Yah I think Family is going to ask for either effectiveness or law reform

World Order- effectiveness of international law / law reform

They are all the same lol

alex991

HSC
Do u think they will specifically target a specific measure i.e. ICC ICJ and make us evaluate their effectiveness directly?

*Baby-K*

HSC
alex991 said:
Do u think they will specifically target a specific measure i.e. ICC ICJ and make us evaluate their effectiveness directly?
No I highly doubt it.

The question I did for trials was
International law is a toothless tiger. Discuss it evaluating the effectiveness of legal and non-legal measures.

Well the HSC will probably be very close to that, so discuss the ICC and ICJ as legal measures

obiman

HSC
family not going to be law reform. It most probably on the effectiveness of legal system for individual and society or mabye something to do with justice

*Baby-K*

HSC
obiman said:
family not going to be law reform. It most probably on the effectiveness of legal system for individual and society or mabye something to do with justice
Why do you think it won't be law reform?
Ie. Discuss how laws have recently changed to protect the rights of individuals better? (somethin along those lines)

Matt Palmer

TV Watcher
HSC
*Baby-K* said:
Why do you think it won't be law reform?
Ie. Discuss how laws have recently changed to protect the rights of individuals better? (somethin along those lines)
I am thinking effectiveness of legal issues. Can anyone hook me up with kick ass media reports about effectiveness, because the media never report successes, only failures in the system. This may support some arguments, but the legal system has been effective in most of the legal system.

*Baby-K*

HSC
Matt Palmer said:
I am thinking effectiveness of legal issues. Can anyone hook me up with kick ass media reports about effectiveness, because the media never report successes, only failures in the system. This may support some arguments, but the legal system has been effective in most of the legal system.
Sorry my media reports talk about negatives lol

aliyosufi

HSC
Matt Palmer said:
For legal studiesas long as you dont specify the case you can just make some up, eg. The SMH 2005 reported that 50% of child support payments where being withheld - dont need to be specific with the cases unless your using well known cases in the textbook and so on, just make them up

mandathepanda

HSC
I think it also depends on what angle you are interpreting your articles from, eg an article I have on the 2008 child support amendments has both positive and negative arguments, so I can argue either way for this particular point.

Matt Palmer

TV Watcher
HSC
well, was worth a shot. maybe my own judgements will suffice. or i could make up reports with titles that sound like they mean good things, then make up the info to suit the argument. hmmmmmm.....

sal17

HSC
what are the limitations of international law for world order..and where in the syllabus does this come??

fleck27

HSC
its not in the syllabus...you judge that for yourself looking at the legal remedies...

but basically, lack of enforcement- it relies on negative world opinion to shame countries into acting...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)