Essay responses (1 Viewer)

passion89

HSC
How would you go about integrating an essay with 2 coleridge poems, a stim booklet text and your own supp text? Should I link it through themes? I don't even know what themes Coleridge presents lol
can someone help me with this? Thanks!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
passion89 said:
How would you go about integrating an essay with 2 coleridge poems, a stim booklet text and your own supp text? Should I link it through themes? I don't even know what themes Coleridge presents lol
can someone help me with this? Thanks!
Well for Skrzynecki poems, i picked out two main themes from his poems that i was going to discuss and linked the first poem with with my stimulus text and the second poem with my related text.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
linking thematically is a good idea - when we say 'what themes does Coleridge present' all it means is 'what ideas are discussed in the poem? What is Coleridge the message the poet is trying to give you?'

the other way to link texts can be through techniques - ie, if your texts have common techniques used in them you can explain the technique and then contrast how it was used in different texts to give different messages. this method works well too, but, in my opinion at least, is more difficult to do well than linking thematically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)