essay/speech - could someone please help with my thesis... (1 Viewer)

Rememberthetime

HSC
N/A
I was just given an assignment that's due in 2 weeks, I need to get started but I am not sure how to do my thesis statement.
my essay/speech is on...
-Maya Angelou poems - million man march - and - the mask
-7 stages of grieving - invasion poem
and - avatar the movie.

my topic question is 'an individuals interactions with others and the world around them can enrich and limit their sense of identity'.
if someone could please help give suggestions or possible sites to visit on how I can create a thesis statement out of this would be greatly appreciated.

feuilleton

HSC
Instead of trying to construct a thesis based on what you find on other sites, it would be best to have a good look at your texts and think about your interpretation. Consider the similar thematic undercurrents that you perceive to be intrinsic to both texts, and how you can then relate these to the question. Think about the conflicts between the preservation of self-identity and conforming to the standards of a group to belong to the 'world around' - often there is a sense of mutual exclusivity where attainment of one in turn inhibits the other.

Currybear

HSC
haha we had to do the exact same question

which school do you go to?

Rememberthetime

HSC
N/A
I have finished my thesis and on to the body paragraphs but I am a bit stuck on how I am to introduce quotes and techniques, and expand on them...
one of my quotes I am using is 'they say, but sugar, it was our submission that made your world go round' from the poem the mask by Maya Angelou.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)