• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Essay topics (1 Viewer)

vkay

Our teachers offered to mark all our practice essays for us, provided we made an effort ^_^

Oh man, is it just me or is it sooo nerve-wracking as we come closer and closer to the HSC? I feel so unprepared, and I've been trying to force myself to study, but get so easily distracted...

Anyway, I'd better contribute something to this tread rather than blabbling on about my own problems.

Indochina

Assess the effects of US involvement in the conflict in Indochina, 1954 - 1979.

Account for the failure of the South Vietnamese Government to achieve victory by 1975.

Evaluate the impact of the homefront and media on the way in which President Johnson and Nixon formulated policies for Vietnam.

What role did the US media play in the Vietnam War?

Good luck everyone!!! All the best for this year!

yttrious

Germany, 1918-1945

GERMANY, 1918-1945

Key Features

Account for the collapse of the Weimar Republic in 1933

Outline the foundations of the Nazi party in terms of its structures and politics

Discuss the role of the conservative parties and elites in the political process of Germany up until 1933

Assess the impact of the Great Depression on Germany

Explain how Hitler rose to the position of Fuehrer of Germany

Explain how the Nazi Party consolidated its power from 1933-1934

Outline ways in which German social and cultural life was transformed under Nazism

Account the impact of Nazi racial policies on the occupied territories and the Jewish communities to 1945.

Outline the racial policy of the Nazi party and explain how it affected German society

Account for the aims of Nazi foreign and assess the extent to which these aims were achieved

Outline the methods employed by the Nazi war machine in attempting to win the war against the Allies

Account for the degree of opposition to Nazism inside of Germany to 1945

Account for the military defeat of Germany in 1945 and the ensuing collapse of Nazism

Concepts

Account for the failure of democracy in Germany in 1933

Discuss the importance of militarism to the aims of Nazism

Explain how Nazi foreign policy contributed to the upsurge of nationalism between 1934 and 1941

Explain how the Nazis exploited attitudes of racism in Germany

Assess the extent to which Germany was totalitarian state in the period between 1934-1945

Groups

Explain how Hitlers final solution impact the Jewish community of Germany

Outline the contribution of paramilitary groups such as the SA and SS to the power of the Nazi party

Assess the extent to which the Nazi party controlled the Wehrmacht during WW2

4Account for the role of women in German society under the Nazis

Explain the importance of youth organisations in Hitlers ideology

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
omg, jenni beans! we had to the exact same source analysis test too! the one about general douglas haig and such

Ziff

HSC
N/A
My Russia essay was:

"...the Communist Party which emerged from the Civil War was morally very different from the party which had taken power in 1917." - J.N. Westwood

Explain how and why the Communist Party changed its policies and methods in the years from 1917 - 1922.

louise_wanda

Modern History Essay Question

Here's one I'm working on at the moment:

To what extent was there popular support for the actions of the Nazi party in domestic and foreign policy between 1936 and 1945?

Refer to:
  • coercion
  • consent
  • terror
  • propaganda
  • nazification of society and culture
  • nazi organisations
  • economic policies
  • opposition groups
  • attraction of nazi philosophies/ideas

Petra

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
with holidays come more essays - here are a couple more on Russia and the Cold war

Russia

Assess the imapct of war communism and NEP on both the peasentry and proletariat in Russian socieity b/w 1918 - 1928

Explain how the economic policies of the Communist party after 1928 contributed to Soviet Victory in the Great Patrotic War

Discuss the aims of NEP and its impact on USSR

Account for the relationship b/w the USSR and western powers to 1945

Assess the extent to which industrilisation and collectivisation were sucessfully implimented

Evaulate the contirbution of Stalin's use of nationalism to Russia's sucess in the Great Patriotic War

Account for teh Changing nature of Bolsevhik economic policies from the Civil war to the introduction of collectivisation

Assess the extent to whcih Stalin's leadership in the 1930s prepared Russia for the Great Patriotic war

Account for the changes in policies of the ruling Communist Party in the SOivet Union in the period 1917-1934

Explain how concerns over externatal security affected government policy making in teh Soviet Union in the period from 1921 - 1945

Cold War
Assess the American fear of communism in the development of any ONE cold war crisis b/w 1948 - 1989

Disuss the influence of various groups on the creation and maintance of cold war culture b/w 1945 - 1961

Evaluate the importance of ideology on the causes of the Cold war

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hey everyone, I've began to make Essay Threads for each topic in the appropriate subforums.... so if you have any essay questions be sure to post them there. Also, I have only made essay posts for a couple of topics, feel free to make a thread for topics I have missed, and PM me and I will sticky them for you.

Ash

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)