Essentials for uni (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
but u wouldnt bring the laptop to uni would u?.or would u?
Hell yeah. What's the use of having a laptop if you can't bring it with you? Use it between lectures etc to read up on notes or whatever. Get some work done in the wasted minutes of the day, like on the train. Failing that, use the free wifi to roam BoS! :D

JRasnier

lolz, i brought mine to uts advisory day and days i need to give an application form in...and never was a neuisance even when i went to hungry jacks afterwards lolz, most probz cause im a computer nerd, and can never leave home without a pc..... =\ pretty much explains it

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
lol how funny would it be getting on the train and seeing someone on this forum on their laptop
diaries are great... if they give you one why not use it
might as well use the sales now (especially officeworks) to get cheaper books/folders/sheets

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cro_angel
use the sales now (especially officeworks) to get cheaper books/folders/sheets
i was thinking about doing that, bu i need to wait til after i find out if i got in or not, and evn if i do get in, i dont know how many folders and stuff im likely to need

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
If you're enrolling at UTS then usually you get your union diary when you enrol.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
when and how do i get the diary?

o-week and the first couple of weeks of semester, you can get them at the expo thingy in the brennan room, or at cybercycle
this is the cover of 2004 newcastle diary

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
hey cool then that means i dont have to go out of my way to buy a freakin diary for uni
Only if you are planning on going to Newcastle!!

I mean, how much is a diary now-a-days??
$2/$3..........
LOL
Whats wrong with the old fashioned way of just writing down the important dates on a bit of paper and then transfering it to a calendar?

BTW, in my experience, you can get one of those year to a glance wall planner thingys from the Uni Co-Op bookshop for free or from the Student UNion if you are that cheap!!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
really? they were pretty good (I dont mind paying for calenders and stuff though), i used my hsc one all the time (its still up-too lazy to take it down) so im def. gunna hafta get one! ;)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
really? they were pretty good (I dont mind paying for calenders and stuff though), i used my hsc one all the time (its still up-too lazy to take it down) so im def. gunna hafta get one! ;)
LOL
no really, whatever works for you! I cant believe someone is stressing about this- sorry, I shouldnt laugh.............(I hope its not you Jess- I really should read the whole post!)
:)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
I would say an essential for Uni (as per thread topic) would be an appetite for beer........ and sitting around waiting for hours because of a spaced out timetable!! (and listening to lectureres promote their new book or read straight off a powerpoint!)

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by snapperhead
Only if you are planning on going to Newcastle!!

I mean, how much is a diary now-a-days??
$2/$3..........
LOL
Whats wrong with the old fashioned way of just writing down the important dates on a bit of paper and then transfering it to a calendar?

BTW, in my experience, you can get one of those year to a glance wall planner thingys from the Uni Co-Op bookshop for free or from the Student UNion if you are that cheap!!
i wasnt referring to the cost involved u idiot...i was referring to the time involved.......duhhhhh.....

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jase-REX
If you're enrolling at UTS then usually you get your union diary when you enrol.
Same at Macq. First I will take an ugly photo of you for your student ID card (and get paid VERY well to do so). By the way you will hafta keep this card unless you wanna pay for a new one. After that, you will pick up your lil diary. Muhahhah.

No, I'm not kidding, cept maybe the ugly photo thing...I take good photos!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
so so far we know newcastle, mac and uts give out diaries.
do people from those unis think that it's better to use their diaries, or your own? the thing with theirs is it has important dates. but i was given a nice one already.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
their diaries are better, i purchased a good diary at the start of last year and it was just too heavy and awkwark wheras the student diary was nice and light yet durable

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hey evilc, for newy is the photocard thing taken and given to you at enrollment? if not, where do i get it?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
you get the cards during o-week from student services building

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)