Estimate for English advanced Paper 1, is this possible? (1 Viewer)

kellie_1996

HSC
So I was away for most of term 1 and missed the belonging area of study due to hospitalisation for a mental illness. It was decided that for belonging, I would miss the assessments and marks for belonging would be estimated based on trials. I was supposed to have caught up on the work during my own time.

Although that has been very hard to fit in between all of my other work. I completed the mid-course exams, and did well for Module A, comparative study, but we're currently rushing to get through module B and onto module C. On top of that, Miss was talking today about how we should have two related texts ready for the trials (which are the first weeks back after the holidays) I'm stressing out, and I really can't see myself having completed the belonging area of study + have two related texts ready for the trials. I am a very motivated student, for module B I ranked 2nd, 95%. I was considering asking the principal if missing English paper 1 is just an option? and getting an estimate.

Minimising stress is a priority at the moment, how likely is it that this will be accepted? I haven't been to see him yet, this is just an idea that occurred to me this afternoon. Hopefully it isn't too 'out of the question'.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
So I was away for most of term 1 and missed the belonging area of study due to hospitalisation for a mental illness. It was decided that for belonging, I would miss the assessments and marks for belonging would be estimated based on trials. I was supposed to have caught up on the work during my own time.

Although that has been very hard to fit in between all of my other work. I completed the mid-course exams, and did well for Module A, comparative study, but we're currently rushing to get through module B and onto module C. On top of that, Miss was talking today about how we should have two related texts ready for the trials (which are the first weeks back after the holidays) I'm stressing out, and I really can't see myself having completed the belonging area of study + have two related texts ready for the trials. I am a very motivated student, for module B I ranked 2nd, 95%. I was considering asking the principal if missing English paper 1 is just an option? and getting an estimate.

Minimising stress is a priority at the moment, how likely is it that this will be accepted? I haven't been to see him yet, this is just an idea that occurred to me this afternoon. Hopefully it isn't too 'out of the question'.
I hope you're ok now. :). I don't think he will let you miss out on paper 1, I had a friend in the same situation, and he was told bad luck. The principal said that he had to be physically not be able to make it on the day.

kellie_1996

HSC
Hmm really? and thats the thing, I don't really feel 'okay'. The stress of exams and having to catch up on this extra work by myself is sending me into relapse. I was ordered by doctors "no homework" whilst in admission, so it's not as though I have just chosen to leave it until last minute. I nearly find this unfair, because the extra work now may mean my results in other areas suffer.

I have a friend who's father past away last year, and she was deemed by her psychologist "mentally unstable" and is receiving an estimate for the entire HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)