EStimate me! =D (1 Viewer)

dee777

HSC
hey guys, i dont mean to be annoying but i really want my UAI estimated just based on all my assessment marks and ranks, thankyou in advance =] well here they are...

PHysics: 80%.... 4/12

Chemistry: 78% .........3/8

Engineering: 82% .......3/14

ADv Maths: 85% .......22/44

Adv English: 78% ......7/41

Do i still have a chance of a 90 UAI coz at the moment my ranks seem to be letting me down =/

an estimation would be great! (btw i go to westfields sports high if that helps)
thanks....
<!-- / message -->

Roga

HSC
Westfields Sports = 339th

I'm predicting high 70's to low 80's

runnable

HSC
90 seems a but distant. But dun give up hope and continue working.

dee777

HSC
okay ...a little disappointing i guess

Ever since trials i have been so unmotivated and havent touched any of my books yet...maybe 90 is just out of my league

berna007

HSC
heyy i think uve done pretty wwell!! work hard from now and 90s is ALWAYS possible..and YES IVE BEEN UNMOTIVATED TOO!! done nothing since trials lol pretty bad :(

Misty55

HSC
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
I am a high school careers adviser and i have to say
DO NOT put any faith in the estimates that have been given to you.
The school that you attend is totally irrelevant in the calculation of your UAI
An estimate for 2008 is totally impossible as it is just a rank against the rest of the kids in the state.
The estimator programs can give you an idea of how you would have ranked in previous years BUT even that is a bit far fetched as you would be basing your estimate solely on your raw assessment mark. Your HSC exam performance and that of your class will moderate your assessment up or down. Both your moderated assessment and your HSC exam performance go towards your UAI
SO
study hard and seek all the help you need from now until the exams
Good luck!
PS) Your marks aren't too bad at all but my previous experience (20years) would not suggest a 90 at this stage.

runnable

HSC
Misty55 said:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
An estimate for 2008 is totally impossible as it is just a rank against the rest of the kids in the state.

The estimator programs can give you an idea of how you would have ranked in previous years BUT even that is a bit far fetched as you would be basing your estimate solely on your raw assessment mark. Your HSC exam performance and that of your class will moderate your assessment up or down. Both your moderated assessment and your HSC exam performance go towards your UAI
SO
Good luck!
PS) Your marks aren't too bad at all but my previous experience (20years) would not suggest a 90 at this stage.

Lol irony?

dee777

HSC
Misty55 said:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
SO
Good luck!

ok thanks i get that ...
i gave my careers advisor my marks n ranks and he estimated 89.5 but according to you thats way off

lionking1191

HSC
Misty55 said:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
SO
Good luck!
1. the OP wasn't asking about whether the school matters, only providing a rank so as make any form of estimation possible.

2. well an estimate can be done by looking at past performances of students who are similar in academic performance to your own (as judged by the ranking system since performance of a group in general tends not to fluctuate) and using that information to make an educated guess of how well you would perform in your year. obviously you can't actually know how well u'd actually perform - that's why you have estimates.

3. no estimates are done using raw assessment marks - where did u get that from?

4. so no form of prediction is possible but you happen to come to a prediction based on your... intuition? 6th sense?

in saying so i do agree with the above in not worrying too much about your ranks and instead focusing merely on the hsc and as long as you put in the effort, the marks that you end up getting is irrelevant. i also think that predictions are lame, often misleading and always inaccurate.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)