Estimate Raw Mark Band Cutoffs (1 Viewer)

fishy89sg

HSC
hey guys!! based on the exam, can we generate some raw mark band cutoffs?

?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 50% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 60% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 70% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 80% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 85% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 90% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 95% Aligned HSC Mark
lol/84 Raw HSC Mark = 100% Aligned HSC Mark

thx :D

gizmo99

HSC
30/84 Raw HSC Mark = 50% Aligned HSC Mark
38/84 Raw HSC Mark = 60% Aligned HSC Mark
45/84 Raw HSC Mark = 70% Aligned HSC Mark
59/84 Raw HSC Mark = 80% Aligned HSC Mark
65/84 Raw HSC Mark = 85% Aligned HSC Mark
69/84 Raw HSC Mark = 90% Aligned HSC Mark
75/84 Raw HSC Mark = 95% Aligned HSC Mark
80/84 Raw HSC Mark = 100% Aligned HSC Mark

jst guessing but dat seems logical give or take a few marks

G

gaoOO

guesses:

84/84 --> 100%
75/84 --> 95%
68/84 --> 90%

people usually do get full marks for the ext 1 paper don't they?

IMO 80/84 is definitely not going to give a 100

and i think maybe 1 or 2 lower on my estimate cutoffs since this year's exam was relatively difficult, easier than 06, but not by much.

fishy89sg

HSC
89% Raw -----------(moderate or scaling or whatever)--------------> 95% Aligned?

seems a bit high

G

gaoOO

fishy89sg said:
89% Raw -----------(moderate or scaling or whatever)--------------> 95% Aligned?

seems a bit high
really? well, i wouldn't know for sure, but i think it's a pretty reasonable estimate...
maybe even 74 this year since the paper seems harder?

apparently, looking at the other thread, a 75/84 --> 48/50

so i think it's a pretty reasonable estimate to say 73 + or - a couple of marks.

mhhmhh

Biology and physics lover
HSC
looking at the fact that some people breezed through the first three questions in 30 minutes, then had 4 questions to do in 1.5 hrs, i would say it is similar to last years, as the last two questions are the hardest, and thats where everyone falls down.again, last years q1-4 were very easy.

fishy89sg

HSC
mhhmhh said:
looking at the fact that some people breezed through the first three questions in 30 minutes, then had 4 questions to do in 1.5 hrs, i would say it is similar to last years, as the last two questions are the hardest, and thats where everyone falls down.again, last years q1-4 were very easy.
so are you suggesting that the scaling of 2006 would be similar if not the same for 2007?

G

gaoOO

fishy89sg said:
so are you suggesting that the scaling of 2006 would be similar if not the same for 2007?
well that's what i would think. The level of difficulty is close to 06, not quite as hard, but definitely still harder than the previous years before that.

morjoel

HSC
What was the scaling like last year?

I'm anticipating about 60/84 raw mark.

farahodish

HSC
dude wtf at all of you.
where are you getting these numbers from?! :eek:
are you guys GUESSING, coz if not, what are your sources?

my maths teacher told us, and he's like a senior coordinator man thing.. hes marked papers and all that dandy stuff before so he knows what he's on about said that for the 06 paper, a mark in the 50s (cant remember what) scaled up to a band 6.

thats what i'm going by LOL

jayel89

HSC
omg! where r u all getting these numbers from?? r they factual or guesses? and how can u be so certain about ur guesses?

ravdawg

HSC
farahodish said:
dude wtf at all of you.
where are you getting these numbers from?! :eek:
are you guys GUESSING, coz if not, what are your sources?

my maths teacher told us, and he's like a senior coordinator man thing.. hes marked papers and all that dandy stuff before so he knows what he's on about said that for the 06 paper, a mark in the 50s (cant remember what) scaled up to a band 6.

thats what i'm going by LOL
Thats prob true i got 94 last year and i thought i struggled(prob worst exam ive ever done), prob 75-80 percent raw. Then again tho i may have marked myself hard, the 94 was the shock of my life i was expecting 80s. trust me guys, u'll all be pleasantly surprised at how much ALL hsc subjects scale (or align if uwanna be techincal) on dec 19.

ersatzmind

HSC
Ohk im really worried- i dont know wat went wrong i usually do alright in ext maths around 80% and i bombed out completely in this exam
i didnt get to question 7 and had so many questions marked with question marks that i had no idea how to do
im rank 7/ out of about 30 kids and their all pretty bright (its close)
wat do u think it will do to my mark if i just pass? ~43/84
will it drop dramatically?
i heard rumors that u get the mark of whoever came equal to your rank position in the exam. which would be good
i know its only possible to estimate but what band do u think i would get?

HSC
if you get around a raw pass (give or take 5% each way) that is likely to go up to the 70's. if that helps.

morganforrest

HSC
Independent...ur rank will help bring it up more assuming everyone in ur cohort goes well

Also...in regards to the privacy issue...I'm fairly sure we sign away those rights on the blue slip. I vaguely remember reading something about the Board having the right to use the exams however they please or something.

HSC
you've got a good rank which is going to help you a lot. you will probably get the 7th highest mark (or thereabouts) and if that's higher than your raw mark then all the better for you.

there's too many factors to consider. either way you (collective) are going to be surprised how much your mark goes up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)