Estimate Your Mark (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pocydto
Your "reliability"? Arrrghhh gotta get rid of these IPT terms from my brain
:mad1:
Right on!

My validity, accuracy, integrity and ...atomicity (lol at the last one)

:)

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
...low 90s, IS THAT ALL?????!! HAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHA (I am not serious here when I say "is that all" so don't take it literally/seriously. I was only using this comment to highlight a point, which will follow). ;)

Leap is right. There's a fine line between being humble and accepting your gifts (God given talents) and 'rubbing it in' saying it was the "easiest test since Year 4!" (all the while maintaining a serious composure, "Seriously...")

Not taking sides, but it wasn't the most easiest test. Had it been, everyone would be scoring 95, 96, 98, or numerous 100/100's

I don't see that happening, so it was, in comparison to other, past HSC examination papers, easier than had been suggested, upon viewing past HSC papers :)
Well, for me, it was very easy.. but thats in the context that i studied IPT every day of the 3 weeks and before i even started the course in year 11 i had knowledge of much of the content due to my interest in computers etc. Plus my trial mark was 83 without studying (i am not boasting or anything of that nature, im just stating that this is my best subject and im happy with my performance, for once)

Oh, and when i stated "seriously..." i was still joking :D

Although i do have one concern in the multiple choice, regarding the network topology section. C and D were both star networks, but one had another computer in the centre, and the other didnt have anything (not even a hub). And i wasn't sure if the computer in D was a server or something.. so i picked C, was that the right choice? the question seemed confusing without the existence of a hub..

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by reynaldo
i do have one concern in the multiple choice, regarding the network topology section. C and D were both star networks, but one had another computer in the centre, and the other didnt have anything (not even a hub).

And i wasn't sure if the computer in D was a server or something.. so i picked C, was that the right choice? the question seemed confusing without the existence of a hub..
Question 8.

A and B = no repeators (terminators), I laughed at the 'star' in A, as well as the ring topology in B.

Getting to the point:
C and D have correct diagrams of a bus network, with repeators (terminators).

C is not connected to anything 'in the centre'. It was the incorrect choice.

Only D is the star network, as C is 'arranged' in a star formation, but it is not truly a star network topology (you can still re-arrange the cabling to suit a bus, if you wanted to).

The "computer" in D is actually a node; a device. It could be a hub or a computer.

D is correct as it has the correct diagram for the bus network topology, and by definition, a star network topology has a central computer with each node/device connected to it.

You can clearly see the extra cabling in both C and D, however you cannot see any central connecting device in C, only in D.

Further, if the central computer in D fails, the network fails. It is only if the central computer fails, all other devices/nodes (computers) can fail and the network operates independently of such device failures.

:)

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
thats so unfortunate.. Its a pain in the ass how they use a central computer which is exactly the same image as the workstations in the diagram..

Well.. there goes 100% :D

Rank1

i am hoping for at least ninety..i agree with all those that say that was the easiest test ever, although highely boring. I had to stop myself writing on some questions cause i knew i would run out of time for the rest, there was just so much to write on.....wooohoooo

jackie_23

Probably low 80's maybe
I dunno, I'm confused because it seemed to easy
Maybe it was full of trick questions

payne

im thinking atleast over 80 and possibly over 90

for my trials i got 92% and I took the catholic

neesha

i didn't like how in TPS we had 2 refer 2 the ISD, then in multimedia, refer 2 it again! it was highly boring, and redundant...lol...

asymptote03

HSC
N/A
im hoping for a raw mark around 87............n worst comes to worst....83 %......................any raw mark above 80 in IPT means u are doing well!!!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by neesha
i didn't like how in TPS we had 2 refer 2 the ISD, then in multimedia, refer 2 it again!

it was highly boring, and redundant...lol...
LOL @ redundant questions.
Originally posted by asymptote03
any raw mark above 80 in IPT means u are doing well!!!
I think so too, since the average is about 40% at my school. hehe

You're essentially doubling the average ("I am *twice* the man you are Bob" :p ).

Anything (way) above the average couldn't hurt. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)