Estimate your raw mark. (1 Viewer)

C

CaR

arghhhhh.......I hardly ever get high marks for my extended responses....O___O

S

Shuter

:: dreami :: said:
rorix is correct, stats are everything... i hardly had any stats in a perfect essay
and only got 15/20... so yeh, sucks to be you shuter ;)
But I used stats, in my last essay I relised I was probably a little light on them so my second last page was almost full of different stats.

nikosre

Yeh i agree. that shuter bloke thinks hes all that

in terms of having stats it's gotta be pretty important. I rekon i had about 20-30 for each essay. But Any person can sit there and read a text book and then pump out soem theoretical answer with no real knowledge of what economics is, but write an essay word for word from what teh text book TELLS them to write. is that really a measure of a good essay. i dnt really think so, so i guess they would get marked a bit more harshly for that.

At the risk of sounding arrogant, cocky or like an arsehole as per our mate shuter, I rekon i went pretty well and would honestly be hoping for around 97 and above. Criticise me if u want if u think i am a bit of an arsehole for saying this, but hey, i like eco and rekon i went well.

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
One of the dot points they had on top of the question said

You will be assessed on...

"Your use of economic data"
yes and ive talked to markers in past hsc and they say its very hard to get over 15/20 unless u refer to the economic data/stimulus. obviously the second essay had no stimulus but u had to no figures, percentages etc

grimreaper

HSC
Rorix said:
as neo touched on earlier, one of the criteria you're being assessed upon is your use of ecnomic data, so without that data you haven't fulfilled the requirements of a top band essay

shuter: no need to boast, at least until the marks come out...
thats exactly what I'm saying - you have to use stats for 16+ but its only ONE of the criteria - I used a fair few stats in my essay but I still think I'll only get 15 or 16 for them

just_chillaxin

i reckon raw mark prolly 70's i dunno why but i gunned everytin except multiple choice...uz are alls ayin it was easy i must be a dumb ass lol i reckon il b lucky to get 10/20 for that section. the essays were piss i reckon that CAD essay i shitted all over that. and yeh s.a. was easier than any other past paper i read...

Idyll

HSC
matt_f64 said:
yes and ive talked to markers in past hsc and they say its very hard to get over 15/20 unless u refer to the economic data/stimulus. obviously the second essay had no stimulus but u had to no figures, percentages etc
It's gotta be pretty hard though to completely ignore the stimulus material. According to the BOS, the idea of the stimulus material is to raise issues for discussion, and most of the stimulus material I've seen raises pretty topical and common issues, which a better student would probably mention without the stimulus material, and i don't think there's any particular requirement to quote the stimulus material, although sometimes there's some pretty good stuff in it to quote (damn boring RBA statements they keep putting in)

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
yeah yeah i no im just saying that seeing as it is an outcome, if u dont use any stimulus or stats they wont be terribly impressed. we'll jst hav to wait and see wat happens with our marks then..

nova

HSC
I got 16/20 for M/C, and I should get 35-38 for S/A and at least 17 for each E/R.

In my trial aswell as past papers I had practiced with, I was getting a consistant 19/20, 37/40, 18/20, 18/20 ... I dunno how I fucked up M/C? Maybe I was a bit over confident..

edit:
For Section III I did the exchange rate essay. It was exactly the same question as my trial, and I had a perfect prepared essay for it. I'm hoping for 17-19 because I got an 18 in the trial.

For section IV I did the globalisation question. I started the essay based on an international approach and assessed the world economy, then I also used the Australian and Irish (my case study) economies as examples. I used quite a few statistics aswell so hopefully that should push my mark up.

Last edited:

nuffy

19 in mc, prolly around 36, 37 in sa and 19 and 17 or 16 for my essays so......

that makes about 91, should be somewhere around 90 anyway

pitted

HSC
N/A
15/20 mc - definite.
at the very least 38/40 for sa - i totally killed them, it was about the stuff i actually studied for....yay!!!!
but i screwed the e/r
about 10 - 15 each
worse case scenario - 73 - curious to see it scaled....im gonna check
best case scenario (wif 40/40 sa) 85 - not too bad - my teacher says a band 4 raw mark is up there - i soooo dont believe him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)