Estimates and Special Provisions (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
yulia said:
I was never telling anyone they were wrong, my point is, unless you've experienced a time of disadvantage, then you can't understand how important it is; and unless you've been there/seen it, then you can't understand what depression is like, therefore, don't say it's not a good excuse, you have no idea what it is like
I agree. You dont understand it until youve experienced it

Kate_J

I agree as well. A friend of mine has just been in a car accident and is in hospital and will miss the rest of his exams. You can't seriously expect him to have to take year 12 over (and miss a year of his life) just because something happened to him that he can't control. It's the same with depression and other illnesses.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
A car crash and missing the rest of the exams is different from missing half the year from depression or serious illness. I'm not saying if someone misses 1 exam they should automatically have to redo everything.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
i think it depends on many many variables. why did that person have a breakdown? did a parent die? did a sibling commit suicide? that kinda thing, it effects you to no end and i think that it should be taken into account and from what i understand it is. I agree with iamsickofyear12 in that they shouldn't get entire estimates.

I also agree that everyone has their own demons and you have to learn to deal with them - the HSC is as much about learning about life and yourself and how to cope as it is an academic testing thing. Having said that, people who need special exam provisions for phobias, illness etc. should be granted them if they really need it.

Sometimes, people apply for provisions and make up stupid reasons because they don't want people to know the real reasons as they could be embarrassing or difficult for that person to talk about. So before we judge, we should make sure we know the full story. And if we don't, we just have to place some trust in the system. Sure, there will always be dickheads who take advantage of it, but thats life.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Special provisions is a rort. If you can't perform, you weren't meant to perform.

Fine, if you break your arm, get a writer. But if you have shocking handwriting, you can't get a writer in real life, tough luck, maybe you should try to improve yourself before making complaints and getting people to cover for you. You're just weak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)