Estimation (1 Viewer)

Vuki

HSC
I have posted in this forum before but i've done more assessments, and I have a few ranks this time.

Our school in general doesn't give out ranks before the trials, of the few ranks I do have, I have from the individual teacher who decided to give them out.

School: Fort Street High School

Total Marks going into the trials (denominator is the marks done so far of the assessment part of the course):

ENGLISH ADVANCED: 57/60

MATHS: 54/60

ANCIENT: 43/45 Rank: 4/42

EXTENSION HISTORY: 39/40 Rank: 6/20

EXTENSION ENGLISH: 14/15 (done 15 marks of the 50....we've completed more but haven't got the marks back)

MODERN: 37/40 Rank: 3/38

SDD: 60/65 Rank: 3/8

Im trying to get into BA Media/Comm at Sydney UNI, Journalism @ UTS will probably be my second preference, so 96+ but preferably I need a UAI or 98 or 98.5

Am I on track, if I get good results in the trials?

Cheers

cko

HSC
umm... u no with results like that i kinda feel like u dint post on this thread to genuinely ask if ur gonna go good or if u BLOODY WANNA FKN FLAUNT THOSE GREAT GREAT BITCHNGLY GREAT MARKS!!!!!!!!!!! grrrr!

...im sori im just really upset bout my eng....

Vuki

HSC
Haha no I genuinely don't really know how the UAI works so I do need some help in that area. And there are 2 people at my school who haven't dropped a mark going into the trials (for english)...

grimreaper

HSC
Vuki said:
Haha no I genuinely don't really know how the UAI works so I do need some help in that area. And there are 2 people at my school who haven't dropped a mark going into the trials (for english)...
Well then you either have easy english assessments or two bloody geniouses

kpq_sniper017

grimreaper said:
Well then you either have easy english assessments or two bloody geniouses
well, fort street (can't remember, but is it selective?)
if so, i guess it can be expected that there'd be a few geniuses.

what kind of assessments have u had to do for english? coz i can imagine that 100% is extremely difficult to attain.

Vuki

HSC
The exams aren't easy at our school, and they're marked fairly harshly.

One of the two who have not dropped a mark yet has a mum who is an english teacher (not at the school, but she's still teaching the HSC), which helps. Another is just extremely smart (dux of year 11, most likely the same this year).

kpq_sniper017

Vuki said:
The exams aren't easy at our school, and they're marked fairly harshly.

One of the two who have not dropped a mark yet has a mum who is an english teacher (not at the school, but she's still teaching the HSC), which helps. Another is just extremely smart (dux of year 11, most likely the same this year).
wow.
so the 2nd person is generally at the top of maths (ext 2 is my guess) and his/her other subjects as well?? does he/she do ext 2 english as well?

do u know what the average and/or bottom mark is? i'd be interested to see. just for comparison with my school, coz i don't go to a selective school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)