Estudent enrolling (1 Viewer)

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Has anyone tried to enrol into units on estudent yet? I cant seem to, i'm met with the message "You do not have access to self enrol into any units on this study plan." Any idea why?

p__D

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Contact estudent support. The system worked fine for me and those I've spoken to.

*hopeful*

HSC
i should know this.....but if i want to do a subject thats not part of my degree, i cant add it and enrol via estudent ay ?

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
^ yeh i did a few units outside my degree so basically i email e student support and asked to "add" bleh bleh to my degree and they gladly done it.

However i noticed an option for this now on the e student list where you can enter any unit at the bottom where it says "GEN OPTION 1CP - General Option - 1 UG cp, Ver 1 " i dont know if that is appearing for everyone though :S?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
sukiyaki said:
^ yeh i did a few units outside my degree so basically i email e student support and asked to "add" bleh bleh to my degree and they gladly done it.
Spot on. Remember to specify the specific unit codes you wish to have added or you'll get a confusing response.
sukiyaki said:
However i noticed an option for this now on the e student list where you can enter any unit at the bottom where it says "GEN OPTION 1CP - General Option - 1 UG cp, Ver 1 " i dont know if that is appearing for everyone though :S?
Nope - that's just a leftover from them adding the units you requested, so will only appear for those people who've had units added.

HSC
N/A
I need to remember to either come visit the eStudent staff tomorrow, or email in that little help message thing :/

P_Dilemma

HSC
eh, i managed to get my problem fixed, now i just need to choose a good 200-level elective. Suggestions, anyone??

p__D

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Skittled said:
Nope - that's just a leftover from them adding the units you requested, so will only appear for those people who've had units added.
oh thats how it works! thanks for clearing it up :)

X

xeuyrawp

P_Dilemma said:
eh, i managed to get my problem fixed, now i just need to choose a good 200-level elective. Suggestions, anyone??

p__D
First or second semester?

P_Dilemma

HSC
PwarYuex said:
First or second semester?
First, please!

I was looking through the units and founs a 200-level MUS one, vocal studies or something, maybe that'll help teach me how to "throw" my voice out in public speaking... or at least sing reasonably better at karaoke... unless there are better options?

p__D

HSC
N/A
never, EVER 'throw' your voice. That's how you get laryngitis and end up like me (being unable to sing properly or project my voice in any way for 4 months and counting. Dance teaching in a big hall without a mic is death.).

With proper breath control, abdominal support and correct placement, yes you will be able to safely project your voice over greater distances.

All the vocal studies units at MQ rock - I started them last year. Amazing. AMAZING! MUS205 is a great unit to do - you can't really fail, and it's all prac-based.

P_Dilemma

HSC
glitterfairy said:
never, EVER 'throw' your voice. That's how you get laryngitis and end up like me (being unable to sing properly or project my voice in any way for 4 months and counting. Dance teaching in a big hall without a mic is death.).

With proper breath control, abdominal support and correct placement, yes you will be able to safely project your voice over greater distances.

All the vocal studies units at MQ rock - I started them last year. Amazing. AMAZING! MUS205 is a great unit to do - you can't really fail, and it's all prac-based.
Ah, "project" my voice, that sounds better. So they will teach us techniques and stuff about how to control your voice?

I read this http://www.dcms.mq.edu.au/main/MUS205.html . the Australian Idol style thing sounds a bit suss, lol, but fun too. Maybe i will do this unit...

p__D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)