ETA EE2 Study Day or something 20th March (1 Viewer)

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
is anyone else going to this ? where is newtown ? .______."

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
im going i think - is it on a sunday? is that the one your talking about?

J

jhakka

Newtown is up the street from the University of Sydney. :D

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
yep.. costs $40 and on the sunday 20th march.. we just got the form.

anyone that has been previous years wanna give some feedback ? is it good =P

( english teacher sed they hold it every year ) ._."

so it's near the city ? which train do i take ? ._." ( i don't like the cityrail website )

J

jhakka

You could take a train to Redfern or you could try and get one to Newtown.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
You don't want to walk from Redfern to Newtown. Your best off changing trains, because its most likely up the non-uni end of Newtown. You can change at Strathfield, Redfern, Central, Townhall, etc.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
oo okay. but is this thing good ? have any of you's been to it ? >:

( english teacher's association... sounds professional.. yet.. looking at the teachers at my school............ xD )

Jacks

HSC
I went to a lot of them actually...I went in yr. 11 when I was considering doing 4u as well as in yr. 12. I think they are very worthwhile, you get told a lot of things that you may not know, and what you do know is confirmed for you. That way there is no doubt in your mind about whether you're doing things right. Basically the day tells you if you're heading in the right direction, and it's really good to go because if you're not you still have time to fix the things that need fixing etc. I think they are worth the money and very worthwile...so I recommend you go, it really helped me with my major work.

Last edited:
J

jhakka

I went to two, and they were pretty much the same. The second one cost about three times as much, though.

One or two might be worth going to. :)

Jacks

HSC
yeah most cover the same content, but I suggest you go to at least one offered somewhere...if nothing else it gives you something to write in your journal :p They do usually give out some sheets and notes which come in handy...I got a whole booklet on what to do and avoid doing when writing my reflection statement, it was quite detailed and I used it...so it's always good if you can get your hands on some extra resources or material to work with.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
we had one of those last year.

it was at Knox Grammar School

wasn't worth the fifty dollars I think it was...

but good all the same

J

jhakka

I went to the Knox one and the St Dominic's one. The only upside to going to both is that after the second one the information is fresh again and you may be more inclined to do work.

I didn't like the short stories woman. She was rude.

Jacks

HSC
that is one thing I noticed, which if there is no other benefit is a good enough reason to go (though perhaps expensive) and that is that after going you feel more motivated and actually want to work on your major work. I'm not too sure how long the need to work lasts but if you're one of those people who needs all the help you can get then it's a good idea...that been said there are other benefits which I've already been through, so if you can spare the time and the money I'd book a place.

J

jhakka

It's nice to go to other schools and see that you're the only normal people doing the course anyway. Lots of Ext 2 students I saw were strange to say the least. Very strange.

veridis

droog
HSC
i'm probably going to the newtown one. i hope you're not serious about realising that my class is normal. cause if they're normal i'd hate to see how screwed up everyone else is

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
If you're going to anything by ETA, pay early! We missed out on tickets last year even though we were in by the deadline. But judging by EE1 days, its probably good to go, just to get what your teacher has told you confirmed... etc.

Jacks

HSC
jhakka said:
It's nice to go to other schools and see that you're the only normal people doing the course anyway. Lots of Ext 2 students I saw were strange to say the least. Very strange.
I have to admit I noticed that...though perhaps we should use the term "eccentric" instead of strange :p Paying early is a really good idea so it's a good idea for you guys to really consider whether you want to go and commit yourselves to it asap in order to avoid disappointment.

Jacks

HSC
fair enough so long as you're sure you already know everything you have to, a lot of us thought we did until we went...$40 is a lot of money and I'm sure you're on the right track...you can probably ask others who go what went on anyways, and remember the BOS is always here if you need help.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Gee, I've never heard of these things before...can anybody give me a link to a website or something where I can apply for it? It looks a pretty cool thing to be a part of.

Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)