Ethnicity of those in ANU (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

exospacial

HSC
N/A
bikapika said:
If you think of it in a stereotypical way, for those asians who work hard and receive good uai, they would prefer to stay in sydney and melbourne even if they couldnt make into highly demanded unis like unsw and usyd they would choose to go to macq and uts instead of going all the way down to canberra so they can keep in close contact with their families since family value is very important to asians. For those asians who got "educated" by "young and dangerous" they wouldnt make it into anu.
So stereotypical...

What was the last sentence about though, I don't understand...what's the "young and dangerous" part about?

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
exospacial said:
What's wrong with Fenner?
I lived in Fenner in 2007 and the biggest problem for me was the annoying distance between it and the uni campus.

bikapika

HSC
Now think of it this way: the top Asian students get socially-repressed during their school years.
well some asians at my high school are both academically good (uai 90+) and very social. they are widely respected by students from different cultures. they didnt want to go to anu because they considered canberra as boring. they said its not worth it to go to anu for its reputation while you can go to uts/macq and live in sydney the most gorgeous city in the world.

What was the last sentence about though, I don't understand...what's the "young and dangerous" part about?
popular asian movie which was "blamed" in hong kong and south east asia for "misleading" teenagers as the movie was glorifying gangsters and gang fights.

bikapika

HSC
And man, I hate squatting toilets. Not only do they stink, but you have to wallow around in other people's excrement. Then there's the fact that I'd have to put up with feeling as though I'm eating dirt out of the naturally polluted Chinese atmosphere.
unless you go to some really remote chinese country towns in tibet(dalai lama disagrees that tibet is a part of china though), otherwise you wont see squatting toilets (its not japan) nor dirty atmosphere. man seriously go to shanghai, beijing or hong kong once b4 u judge chinese. those documentaries about china that your teachers showed u at high school were 20 years old and the chinese gdp is growing at >10% per annum, 2~3 times of the us economy and the australian economy, or u can say 10 times of the japanese economy. in 3u maths you can see the different between e^(0.1t), e^(0.03t) and e^(0.01t).

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
bikapika said:
sydney the most gorgeous city in the world.
depends where in sydney

western sydney (like places near strathfield or fairfield) - lol

UchihaVegeta

HSC
"If you think of it in a stereotypical way, for those asians who work hard and receive good uai, they would prefer to stay in sydney and melbourne even if they couldnt make into highly demanded unis like unsw and usyd they would choose to go to macq and uts instead of going all the way down to canberra so they can keep in close contact with their families since family value is very important to asians. For those asians who got "educated" by "young and dangerous" they wouldnt make it into anu."

Dude, I came here in 1996, so yeah, if I come here to study, I guess I'll be one of those anomalies.

bikapika said:
unless you go to some really remote chinese country towns in tibet(dalai lama disagrees that tibet is a part of china though), otherwise you wont see squatting toilets (its not japan) nor dirty atmosphere. man seriously go to shanghai, beijing or hong kong once b4 u judge chinese. those documentaries about china that your teachers showed u at high school were 20 years old and the chinese gdp is growing at >10% per annum, 2~3 times of the us economy and the australian economy, or u can say 10 times of the japanese economy. in 3u maths you can see the different between e^(0.1t), e^(0.03t) and e^(0.01t).
That I fully concur with the above post, whilst I came from Shanghai and never visited it again since 2002, my rhinitis I developed in Australia due to hay fever, got much worse from the dust in China whenever I visited, and people spitting phlegm everywhere doesn't help either. With regard to the squatting toilets, it's not that they have been reduced, it's just that there are so many newer ones, that the old ones are much harder to find for you if you're a traveler, they're still quite common to the locals though. Quite rarely though, residents in houses that don't have a toilet flush still use "toilet buckets" to "deal" with the wastes and even though the underground railway construction in 2000 cleared most of these areas by compulsory acquisition and moved residents to rural areas giving them much nicer apartments, some still remain.

"Mission Impossible 3" kind of showed these areas, but that was about all of which in Shanghai that is like that. The infrastructure is certainly way better everywhere else in the city.

unco_wannabe

HSC
argh...i 'skimmed' ur posts ..im just sorry there so long..its 3 am here...
ill read them later

BUT

i just wanted to say that everyones ASIAN related posts have really muted out the probably TINY ethnic population of ANU

but hey im fine to wave the flag *wooo*
im not wog nor arab ...nor do i look ANYTHING like the people from 300
guess where im from :)

btw
famous for our rugs and cats :)
if ur STILL struggling..think back to aladdin.....yeh....remember that?...yeh im NOT from there :)

*hi 5 to the ethnic population of anu *

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
Lol @ a bunch of citizens from the third most livable country in the world spewing self-righteous criticisms from their asses about the sub par living standards of a third-world country.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
Ashmobs said:
USYD > ANU
you came here in an ANU forum to talk down on our university, what the hell is wrong with you? are you looking to start a flame-war? if i were to post a counter-argument for your childish claim chances are you'll rally up all your USYD buddies (a la Cronulla) so the ANU forum can spiral into shit like the USYD forum.

i hope you stay in sydney you pretentious prick.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
don't feed the troll guys. just leave him be under the bridge, that way he won't have to reply anymore :D

*pokes him with a stick to which he growls*

teehee

*pokes him again*

teehee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)