EUL101: Societies of Europe. Anyone done this people unit before? (1 Viewer)

gapathetic

HSC
Has anyone done or heard about this people unit: EUL101: Societies of Europe. Any comments? Hard/easy, boring/interesting? Type of assignments? Exams? What exactly do you learn. I know its about societies in europe but anything more specific?

thanks!

duckyness

HSC
Hi gapathetic!

I did EUL101 last semester and while I wouldn't really call it a hard subject, it was horrible trying to get up on Friday mornings to go to the 9am lectures and printing readings, some rather pointless and unrelated to the tutes.

I don't know when the classes are scheduled this semester though lol.
All the assignments we got were essays. The tutorials had some interesting group work.
For the most of the semester, we talked about unifying aspects of Europe and the EU, and aspects that unify individual European countries (ie. Germany unified by the Deustch Mark, and Greece unified by their ancient myths). Think AOS belonging, European themed. Sometimes we were asked to compare European countries to Australia.

EUL100 was held for the first time last year I think, so the covenors might change the unit a bit this year. I was surprised I got a credit considering how much I procrastinated XD Well good luck, I hope this helps a bit.

Peartie

HSC
I did EUL101 back in 2007 as a mandatory subject for INTS... it was 2 essays over the semester and 1 mandatory 2 hour a lecture a week.... each lecture held by different language convenors....it wasn't hard...just annoying having to attend a lecture @ 4pm on a wednesday when I had no other classes that day...

Snooty

HSC
I did EUL101 back in 2007 as a mandatory subject for INTS... it was 2 essays over the semester and 1 mandatory 2 hour a lecture a week.... each lecture held by different language convenors....it wasn't hard...just annoying having to attend a lecture @ 4pm on a wednesday when I had no other classes that day...
Ha, I remember that. People getting called out by the different lecturers each week for sneaking out of the hall once they signed their name. Good times. EUL101 was pretty easy, mainly because the essays just focussed on a single topic/lecture. You could have just listened to one lecture and write your essay on that topic, whilst ignoring/sleeping through all the other lectures. Though, from what ducky has written, it seems to have changed quite a bit.

*rUsTy*

HSC
I hate the compulsary people and planet units. I picked this unit for next semester because it seemed like the only decent one. The compulsary lectures are a bit crap but it's at an alright time - Friday 10am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)