Euro 2004 results so far! (1 Viewer)

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by reno2004
but my friends dad put $500 on Italy to win.
obviously doesn't know much about Giovanni Trappatoni :) :)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Trap's gone now (finally) so all's good...

i know some1 who put money on france beating senegal at the world cup and then portugal beating greece this time round.... some ppl just dun learn lol .... whats the point of getting just a few cents for each dollar spent

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
i got my brother to put $100 on senegal in the world cup and then $100 on Greece against portugal and spain

aha, i can pick em

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
errr they didnt beat spain tho? but the odds on the greeks against portugal were quite nice.

but damn the czechs are in fine form now, so i wouldnt look past them with nedved pulling the strings.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Originally posted by HeCtic
errr they didnt beat spain tho? but the odds on the greeks against portugal were quite nice.
i picked them to draw, the odds of them winning were horrendous

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by reno2004
hey Hectic, ur moving pic thing in ur signature is classic
hehe, it's a good way to piss off all my italian mates who had a cry about the game :D

Originally posted by Tommy_Lamp
i picked them to draw, the odds of them winning were horrendous
The you did well there. I usually don't bet on the teams i support cos i let emotion get in the way of common sense, so thats quite an achievment there :D

Last edited:

littlemic21

Lurking In The Shadows
HSC
reynaldo said:
no offence, but Hellas are going to be completely dominated by the Czechs.
excuse me reynaldo, umm did the czechs score a goal against greece? u dont know shit about soccer, did u watch any previous matches of greece, they always man marked, n this match, guess wat they man marked. greece bloody dominated against the czechs. As u can see it wasnt luck, its how greece play a defensive game.
HELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yes, but Portugal to win the final 2-0

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
littlemic21 said:
excuse me reynaldo, umm did the czechs score a goal against greece? u dont know shit about soccer, did u watch any previous matches of greece, they always man marked, n this match, guess wat they man marked. greece bloody dominated against the czechs. As u can see it wasnt luck, its how greece play a defensive game.
Seitaridis completely shut down Baros, the same way he shut down Zidane, and the same way he will shut down Figo

Greece 2-1

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
littlemic21 said:
i dont know much about 'soccer'.. but i know a bit about 'Football'

Greece didn't "dominate" the Czech's. In the beginning of the match, they were very lucky not to concede from numerous Czech attacks. Also, Kollers poor finishing ability and loss of Nedved to injury really cost/weakened them. If they had played the Czech side from the memorable Dutch encounter from the group phase, they would be on their boat heading for Piraeus.

Hellas have to thank the classical Deutsche style (efficient, defensive, unnattractive) for making it this far. This event is comparitive to WC2002, where a typical German side defended their way to the final (where no one thought they would get - like the Greeks in this tournament) and came up against a Brasil side that had virtually played every side they faced off the park. This Portugal side have made the final by virtue of their supreme technical ability. And, as you saw in the 2002 final, Germany didn't leave the far east with any sort of reward.

If you compare the paths both teams have taken in this tournament (after the group stage) you'll see Portugal have had it harder. For instance, "Hellas" versed probably the most uninspired French side in the history of Euro, and then, played a Czech side that definently wasn't the same one as in the group stage. On the other hand, Portugal, under immense pressure from about 10 milhão portuguesas, managed to send England back the island. Then came up against the most technically skilled side, imo, of Europe - Nederland - Put 2 goals past them and didn't let them score (an own goal is credited towards the Dutch but i think the credit should be given to Andrade :) ).

anyway my point is Greece have played well but have had their fair share of luck. Going from not winning a game at a Euro EVER to making it to the final isn't exactly unsurprising..

espero que você não tenha expectativas grandés de encontro a Portugal, porque você vai estar desapontado... más, boa sorte.. Hellás

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
greece did NOT dominate czechs... infact czechs dominated greece all over the park in the 1st half and wouldve been ahead if not for some poor finishing and desperate defence by the greeks.... baros did get shut down but koller mustve had like 20 opportunities to do something ...however it went down hill from the 2nd half onwards... by the extra time the greeks were on top. the czechs ran out of steaqm (i mean they only made 1 forced substitution in the 1st half). goreat work by greece though, they are arguably the best defensive unit in this tounament... infact they didnt let in a single goal after the 1st 2 games of the qualifiers, and if not for beckham wouldve been in the last world cup so its not as if they popped out of nowhere ....

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Reynaldo, dont say that because the Czech's missed opputunities, Greece were lucky. The reason that the Czech's missed oppurtunities was because they didnt play well. The Greeks missed plenty of opportunities, Giannakopoulos had an open header that he missed, Charisteas had a shot but was just called offside, I think it was Charisteas that had a header off a tsiartas free kick that he shouldve put in...
both sides had opportunities, but it was Greece who ended up putting theres in, no luck there, just skill.

acmilan4eva

HSC
N/A
reynaldo said:
and what are they gonna do about Nedved, Jankulovski, and Poborsky? If you dont stop the creative influences, sooner or later your gonna concede a goal.. even if you have 3 guys each on Baros and Koller (remember, he is 6"8 :) )

Czech's are playing the best football in the tournament and Greece have been lucky to make it thus far. I dont expect any surprises this encounter..
Guess wat, Greece played a man marking game even Koller the 6"8 striker n they shut him down, they also shut down baros, nedved got injured by accident it wasnt a greek fault, the player has a right to stay there so no czech supports cry about that. i ll admit the czechs dominated the game for the first half but after that greece dominated the match as they shut down all the players, czechs had their chances but the greeks also had their chances so u cant complain, at the end greece played better and were more determined then the czechs

also greece vsed a well structured French team, at major tournaments all teams r just strong but once again the greeks shut them down, u cant say that they vsed an uninspired french team, all teams play to win.

Just Dont be surprised reynaldo if Greece wins the whole thing as u already doubt too many times, they did beat u once
HELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
well, it would be a travesty (for technical football) if Greece won. Of course, they deserve merit for making the final, but to win, it would make european football look fairly weak (no offence intended..). Im suprised there hasn't been much in the media about their style of play which is more 'Catennaccio' than 'Seleção' ..

but, we will see..

littlemic21

Lurking In The Shadows
HSC
acmilan4eva said:
Guess wat, Greece played a man marking game even Koller the 6"8 striker n they shut him down, they also shut down baros, nedved got injured by accident it wasnt a greek fault, the player has a right to stay there so no czech supports cry about that. i ll admit the czechs dominated the game for the first half but after that greece dominated the match as they shut down all the players, czechs had their chances but the greeks also had their chances so u cant complain, at the end greece played better and were more determined then the czechs

also greece vsed a well structured French team, at major tournaments all teams r just strong but once again the greeks shut them down, u cant say that they vsed an uninspired french team, all teams play to win.

Just Dont be surprised reynaldo if Greece wins the whole thing as u already doubt too many times, they did beat u once
HELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in conclusion... reynaldo doesnt know jack

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Well the final tommorow, i'm looking forward to seeing if the greeks are gonna go out and try the same game plan as in the opener.

Since Greece sit so deep i'm gonna be able to see how Big Phil plays it tommorow because it'll be very hard to get behind a defence that sits in front of the box most of the game and Pauleta hasn't exactly set the tournament alight this time around. Postiga or Nuno Gomes maybe?

Good to see Maniche in form as well. Reminds me of a young Manu Petit, with him Tiago, Ronaldo and Deco their midfield looks good for the future. Quaresma too i guess although he hasnt looked that impressive at Barca.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)