Europe, April '07 (1 Viewer)

enzyme

HSC
Hello!
Just wondering if there's anyone from James Ruse going on the Academy Travel tour to Italy, France and Belgium these holidays? I'm from Gosford, and our schools are going together.
And also, if anyone has any idea about how cold it's going to be in those places, please let me know! It's very soon, and I'm unsure of what to pack... We've had a look online, but it seems to vary a lot...
Umm... Naples, Rome, Brussels and Paris is the basic itinerary if that helps.
Oh, and one last thing. We have a stop-over in Bangkok... the Academy Travel man recommended we have a shower while we're waiting at the airport, as we're pretty much launching straight into the tourist activities on our arrival in Italy... what's the airport like? I don't really know what to expect... will people be lining up for showers? :confused: It all seems very odd to me.

Last edited:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
it's spring over there in april. i did something similar to you (3 weeks in italy only) in april 2002. the temp was cool, but no too cold...not sure about the other countries, but i'm guessing mid-low 20's for italy? its pretty bareable

i havent been to bangkok, but we stopped over in seoul for a few hours. stop overs are there for you to have a break from flying, so you'll get a chance to have a sleep, shower, eat 'normal' food (plane food isnt always the best), etc. you'll probably be staying in a hotel while you're there (there was a hotel in the airport too)...and it should be like hotels here, with one shower per room (you'll possibly be sharing the room with 1 or 2 other people).

yosemite sam

HSC
I went to France and Italy in April/May last year and it was considerably colder in France than it was in Italy...we were wearing jackets and scarves in Paris and slowly took our layers off as we headed down Italy towards Rome and Naples, but were still wearing jeans by the end of the trip. It depends on how long you stop over as to whether you'd be in a hotel...we stopped over in Singapore, but we didnt stop long enough to be able to shower. They have showers there that you put your money in to use for a certain amount of time...just make sure you wear thongs in the showers to avoid catching tinea or anything like that. And it depends on what day adn time you stop as to how busy it will all be. Just make sure you prioritise before you land - would you rather have food or a shower? Is it the middle of the night? We stopped at nearly 11 o'clock at night (the food places are still mostly open) so we didnt really feel the need to shower...although we did by the time we landed in Paris at 7am lol...hope that helps

enzyme

HSC
Oh ok. Yeah we're only at Bangkok airport for 90 mins... well that's the schedule anyway. I know we fly into Rome at 6.30am,and then have a 3 hour bus trip to the hotel. Apparently there won't be time for showers on our arrival there,so I'm thinking I should at Bangkok.I have no idea what time of day it'll be there,and I can't be bothered figuring it out,but it'll be our equivalent of about...5 or 6am.Thankyou for the advice on temperatures etc!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)