Europe next year...... (1 Viewer)

Dux

HSC
Anyone else planning on going to backpack around Europe next year after they have finsihed the HSC?

Sabbo

HSC
doing it this year for 3 months, leaving May 1st YAY!! :)

Going with two mates from school.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm hopefully going on exchange to the UK for first semester next year, and I want to see as much of Europe as I can while I am over there.

Just gotta save up!

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Awww you people are lucky. Esp natstar, since free accomodation is always a score. Two of my best friends and I made a pac that we will go to Hawaii at the end of the year. So I have to start saving up...or more precisely, find a job.

Liza-LaBoheme

Inside a cave, hiding under blankets while strokin
HSC
Europe next year...

yessssssssssssssss!!!! i lived in NE England for 5mnths in Yr 10 and the thought of getting back there is what's getting me through the HSC! i made loads of beautiful friends who's couches i thoroughly intend to crash on next year. i hope to get in as much of western europe as i can. any travel tips? btw, checkout Lonely Planet's 'Europe on a Shoestring'- a bible for students everywhere!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Liza-LaBoheme said:
yessssssssssssssss!!!! i lived in NE England for 5mnths in Yr 10 and the thought of getting back there is what's getting me through the HSC! i made loads of beautiful friends who's couches i thoroughly intend to crash on next year. i hope to get in as much of western europe as i can. any travel tips? btw, checkout Lonely Planet's 'Europe on a Shoestring'- a bible for students everywhere!
yeah i have that book, it's good for a quick rundown of the major cities.

i'm hoping to be backpacking around europe next year too, but it'll be to celebrate the end of my uni degree.. i have about 15 k saved up and hope to save another 10 by the end of the year.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
If any of you get to Switzerland, make SURE you go to a little place near Interlarken, called L'auterbrunnen!! Beautiful little, quiet town (with a big campsite with the best showers in all the camping grounds in Europe!) with friendly people, and awesome food...

Beyond that, senically it's spectacular: It's at the bottom of a glacial vallay, so it's got these huge, steep rocky cliffs on either side, with massive waterfalls falling off the edge of them which are lit up at night...

There are a lot of nice places and sights in Europe, and maybe this doesn't go over the cultural value of other places, but has it's own value... I was a 15 year old male when I was there, and even I could appreciate the beauty of the place.. absolutley stunning. :D If you can pass through it at least, it's worth the effort...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)