Europe (1 Viewer)

Peartie

HSC
I know i said drinking age was 18 in Sweden but whilst i was over there i got the impression it might have been 20...didnt actually go to buy any drinks because we werent sure and we were all pretty sick neways.....still a nice place to visit

SSaint

shoconomics
HSC
I spent about 5 weeks in Poland, I went around the whole country and there was plenty to see, its a beautiful country, a lot of history if you're into that - castles, old cities etc. If you do go, I recommend going down south to the Tatra mountains (Tatry), awesome scenery.

olchik

HSC
I dream about Spain coast.. and I hope I visit it this summer!!! :)

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Denmark is very pretty (and clean) I suggest for good nightlife you go there although it is a bit expensive. As said by cro angel, Croatia has very beautiful beaches and a lot more cheaper than where people from the north (Germany, Austria, Denmark) go on holidays rather than Ibiza or the Greek Islands for instance.

Alcohol laws in Sweden are fucked, its so expensive there and there is Systembolaget (queues) people prefer to get the ferry to Finland to stock up on it at a much cheaper price, and they are EXTREMELY selective about who goes in their clubs. Copenhagen nightlife is 10 times better than Stockholm and Oslo which strangely seem dead after midnight.

Last edited:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
olchik said:
Where have you been in Spain and what did you do there?
north near the pyrenees.. snowboard and drink absinthe :)

vern

HSC
I went all around europe and north america in 2001, I plan again too in 2009 or 2010 after my degree's over :p

dora_18

HSC
Has anyone been to Lithuania, Poland or the Czech Republic?
i was born in poland....came here when i was 8...does that count:p..and ive been back twice....our mountains are good :D..theres something soothing about going down to a country house and waking up to see the sun rise over moutains and forests...forests in Australia suck..

Last edited:

p-unit

HSC
well ive already been
most places including england[london]
are shit
but spain ,southern france and asutria were good
did not go to italy
also switzerland is very expensive
and not to much to see
so i would recomend less than a 5 days there unless you want to ski
gremany is good if you go to the right places

any way you get it once your there

p-unit

HSC
you guy should also think about going to eat africa
not south africa
the east is great you get to loads of new stuff
but there is relatively no night life
the beaches are the best in the world
mombasa north coast

there is also egypt in africa
so you could go
kenya,tanzania uganda[just for white water rafting]
and the egypt

the white water rafting in uganda is the best
kenya and tanzania great beaches and game parks

also beers every where are 1.5$ serious

theoneme

HSC
N/A
Peartie said:
I know i said drinking age was 18 in Sweden but whilst i was over there i got the impression it might have been 20...didnt actually go to buy any drinks because we werent sure and we were all pretty sick neways.....still a nice place to visit
you can buy at systembolaget when you are 20 but at pubs when you are 18, however some pubs/bars don't allow people of a certain age group. for example you have to be over a certain age, and if that wasn't enough sometimes they make a difference between males and females, eg. males over 25 and females over 23 allowed.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i've decided that i'm going to do a 2month tour of europe in nov-jan 2007/8 between finishing uni and possibly doing my PDY !

theoneme

HSC
N/A
Katie123 said:
i've decided that i'm going to do a 2month tour of europe in nov-jan 2007/8 between finishing uni and possibly doing my PDY !
what countries are you going to?

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
england, france, germany , switzerland, ummm i havent really thought that much about it in terms o where i am going but i will base myself somewhere in or aroundlondon

oh and probably malta on the way home to visit the relos

theoneme

HSC
N/A
ok, well if you are going to france you should if you can visit the countryside, it is very beautiful.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i will be off to europe after exams ... looking forward to it, ill review it afterwards ...

itinerary: hungary (balaton, denube/budapest), czech (karovy varie region, prague), austria (drive through ... mountains/lakes - hiking), switzerland (grindelwald region - hiking), slovenia (mountains- hiking), germany (drive through), france (mt saint michells sp*) and london ...

cant wait, and ill make a review of my trip after i get back :) ...

HSC
i went to greece for 3 months and absoloutley love it there, i feel so much more when im at home its a shame i had to give up my citizenship there to move here :( ... otherwise in terms of europe I went to england which has a really big airport, very cold and sandwhich shops everywhere argh

Last edited:

theoneme

HSC
N/A
RUB!X said:
i will be off to europe after exams ... looking forward to it, ill review it afterwards ...

itinerary: hungary (balaton, denube/budapest), czech (karovy varie region, prague), austria (drive through ... mountains/lakes - hiking), switzerland (grindelwald region - hiking), slovenia (mountains- hiking), germany (drive through), france (mt saint michells sp*) and london ...

cant wait, and ill make a review of my trip after i get back :) ...
*jealous* i've heard that it is very beautiful there.

Casmira said:
i went to greece for 3 months and absoloutley love it there, i feel so much more when im at home its a shame i had to give up my citizenship there to move here :( ... otherwise in terms of europe I went to england which has a really big airport, very cold and sandwhich shops everywhere argh
i agree, there are a lot of things to see and experience in the UK but i have to say that the weather is so bad that i could consider not going just because of it. i know it may sound a bit silly but last time i was there it rained everyday but one. :(

k8tus

HSC
yep im going but not until next year after i go to the states, me and my big sister are going on a 36 day contiki tour thing during the oktober fest:) it should be good... btw most european drinking ages are less than 18 because they drink it as they grow up..if that makes sense..my friend from germany was telling me about it so yea...i dunno..oh well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)