European Language (1 Viewer)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Who's doing a French degree? Which year are u in?
Who has completed all levels in this degree? Can you give some suggestions for a non-french background beginner :p

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s

mademoiselleN
HSC
Not doing a french degree as such, but i'm taking electives from that department.

Currently doing FRN226. It's four long hours every week, small classes of ~15students and tmr I have my first class test. Fun.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Not doing a degree exactly but I do a Certificate of Languages(French) at MQ, which I'm planning on upgrading into a BA in Psych & French. I'm currently in first year, beginners level (FRN122) and its quite fun - nice teacher, small class etc. Its right up there as one of my favourite subjects along side creative writing at UTS.:)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Is FRN226 hard? 4hours of lecture?
I plan to drop out my mktg101, I found it really boring and 3hours of lecture is really a killer.

As for FRN122 and 226, do they all teach in english or they start speak in French later in 123?

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s

mademoiselleN
HSC
it's 4 hours of tute, there's no lecture for this unit.

I prefer FRN226 to mktg101, it's way more fun, more interaction and easier as well.

No the class is entirely in french in FRN226. But if someone doesn't grasp it, it's okay to ask her and she'll nicely translate.

for FRN122, it's in english and i think you learn stuffs like, how to say " good morning, evening, how are you" in both formal and informal ways, and a bit of writing , when to use "le" "la" "les" "des" etccc .Good one I'll say! I don't think it's v. hard to write anyways, a lot words are written similarly, or just add "e" at end of word (salad to salade) or change "c" to "que" (critics to critiques). And if u know a bit of spanish, makes it even easier.

Makes sense?

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Heaps Thx, now that I need to wait for the application form to add French Diploma on top of my degree in August. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)