eurovision (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
curious if anyone else watches eurovision, or at least watched some of the performances this year.

finland wasn't my all time favourite this year (they're up there tho) but i genuinely thought they would win and i was rooting for them to win, but noooo the jury vote had to pick generic pop and have sweden win (i liked it but not enough to think it deserved to win). i actually cackled when the uk went from second to second last 💀

watch this post get no traction

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I read up on it sometimes as a very casual observer.
Who's your fave Aus performance over the years?
it's probably dami im from 2016? i was rooting for her to win but tbh i liked the ukrainian entry that ended up winning too. rest of the songs have been average to me, but they're a nice occasional listen

i believe aus was confirmed to be participating until 2023? not sure if they're coming back next year, but if we do end up not coming back (i think we were on special guest status) then that's a bit sad

HSC
Uni Grad
curious if anyone else watches eurovision, or at least watched some of the performances this year.

finland wasn't my all time favourite this year (they're up there tho) but i genuinely thought they would win and i was rooting for them to win, but noooo the jury vote had to pick generic pop and have sweden win (i liked it but not enough to think it deserved to win). i actually cackled when the uk went from second to second last 💀

watch this post get no traction
I didn't like Cha Cha Cha, but if I had to decide which had to win - Finland or Sweden, I would have picked Finland. It was creative and wacky in the way Eurovision should be, and singing in one's own native language is always a bonus.

I remember watching the UK's performance. As soon as I saw it I knew they were going to go back to the bottom right corner of the board again. But at least they didn't have another 0 points scenario (which is what I had anticipated).

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I remember watching the UK's performance. As soon as I saw it I knew they were going to go back to the bottom right corner of the board again. But at least they didn't have another 0 points scenario (which is what I had anticipated).
when i watched the original audio/radio version of it i genuinely thought it had a chance of not winning but doing decently well (like the kind of catchy modern pop song that i personally don't like but would be popular on the radios and probably on tiktok for a while even) - probably on the left side of the scoreboard. then i watched the actual performance at esc and my god it was so bad. the singer's vocals were so bad (it was so clear she had autotune in the radio ver), and at times you could barely hear it over the actual instrumental, i'm surprised that it didn't end up at the very bottom

at least ukraine sent another really good song + mesmerising performance this year, sometimes i think the uk does it on purpose because the one time they do really well last year and had the opportunity to keep up the trend they decide to flunk it 💀

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
imma be honest all i know from eurovision is abba
valid because abba is a great group and they deserved every bit of fame that came their way when they won

it's also funny cos there's a funny conspiracy theory going around that the only reason that the jury decided to up sweden's votes is so that they could host the next eurovision song contest next year on the 50th anniversary of abba's win (so it's symbolic and all) 💀

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Australia's performances haven't been it these past few years
yeah, I liked the first two but then it just got mid from there tbh

Omg.. finally someone who watched Eurovision. Please tell me that you watched Croatia 😭
Croatia was so unhinged this year 😭😭😭 but in a good way, so glad they made it to finals. were they your favourite performance? (personally, mine was ukraine's because the staging for the song was so cool, with the lighting and them using the screens)

souli

HSC
yeah, I liked the first two but then it just got mid from there tbh

Croatia was so unhinged this year 😭😭😭 but in a good way, so glad they made it to finals. were they your favourite performance? (personally, mine was ukraine's because the staging for the song was so cool, with the lighting and them using the screens)
Croatia was so ..abstract .. 💀
YESSS the on stage effects for Ukraine were so cool!!
Honestly, my favourite was Norway. I don't know what it was, but the atmosphere and the song gave me goosebumps.. And I thought the bass drop and the beat was cool; was a vibe! I liked Italy as well though, tbh I prefer when countries sing in their own language because it's rare you hear foreign songs and sometimes they just add that extra element yk? What do you think?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Croatia was so ..abstract .. 💀
YESSS the on stage effects for Ukraine were so cool!!
croatia decided to take matters in their own hands and finally got qualified for the grand final (only took them 6 years 💀)
and i was genuinely so impressed with ukraine this year omg, especially since they revamped their staging from their national selection and made it 1000x better

Honestly, my favourite was Norway. I don't know what it was, but the atmosphere and the song gave me goosebumps.. And I thought the bass drop and the beat was cool; was a vibe! I liked Italy as well though, tbh I prefer when countries sing in their own language because it's rare you hear foreign songs and sometimes they just add that extra element yk? What do you think?
I LOVED NORWAY, i got those goosebumps too. the jury is actually my enemy for not giving them more points wtf (what is actually up with the jury sometimes)

yeah i really like it when countries sing in their own language too, it's one of the reasons why stefania had my vote last year (plus i love the kind of songs that veer away from generic radio friendly pop in eurovision like maneskin and kalush and go_a, they were so good)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)