evaluation of ESL Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

TABismyfuture

HSC
As a matter of truth and fact, this paper bascially did its best to extend the crap like reputation of esl to its ultimate.

First, does any1 have any clear idea where the hell humour is created in that cartoon?

It's stupid, pure idiocy, notwithstanding i found some humour but i dare not write them down.

I showed my dad the cartoon and he laughed at it, and said ' just write down one is full of alcohol and the other two are hit on marijuana....

the feature article, i heard most ppl didn't do that well, huh?

Well, let me tell ya, the best esl winning skill you can ever learn is bullshit.

Yes, damn right, bullshit!

Like I wrote about journey through culture are important for people, especially australians who live in a multicultural society.

The essay question, ha, most ppl found it easy, but i think it's tricky. Unlike most other years, there was not a direction, and that may be the reason why it is easy.

but i didn't like it. anyway, the thing frustrates me most is that it didn't require us to write about own choosing material.

WTHWTHWTHWTHWTH!

If I hadn't wasted time on my choosing material, i would have aced the BOS text and get a definite band 6.

but now, i doubt what i would get.

So i better prepare intensively for paper 2 now.

TABismyfuture

HSC
btw, i can't remember what i wrote for the cartoon question,

but my mate wrote 'it's funny because the ppl got big noses.'

and i agreed with him.

vafa

HSC
N/A
You did not have to write about your own choosing text in the section ii but my teacher who is the head HSC markers said that those essays will get in band 6 which include text from your own choosing.

TABismyfuture

HSC
lol, really?

even if i just scratch at it? i only wrote 3 quarters of a page on my own material.

HSC
I wrote 1/4 for my related text. lol. and for the feature article. I wrote about multiculturalism as well. haha. I was like. wth. nothing much to write.

and for the essay, yeh I agree, its too easy which made it tricky. cuz I underestimated the question abit and only wrote about how journeys are challenging with the use of techniques the "characters" used... umm.. I dunno, I forgot what I wrote. but I definately forgot about the "composer communicate idea" cuz I just thought it was so easy and didn't read the question that clearly at the time... damn..

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
are u guys serious?? we didnt have to talk about our own material? i didnt even see that! i just dove into the question and wrote about the set texts,stimulus and my supplementary material.

lol....about the noses....i agree, the cartoon didnt make sense, it wasnt even related to journeys!

i hope the next paper is good...im kind of worried that their gonna ask us to write and interview or a feature article :S
i cant change my prepared essay to suit them!

goodluck ppl!

Cade

HSC
wth?! we needn't talk bout our own material. ah thats juz great, all the time wasted tryin to finish that stupid journey essay. I think the test is not to test how good our English is but more like a speed writing test.

vafa

HSC
N/A
If you read the question about the essay journey carefully it says you may refer to text from your own choosing and that evidently means optional but as i said those essays will get in band 6 which include text from your own choosing.

gamecw

HSC
dont worry man, if u reckon u belong in b6 group, and found paper 1 hard then the rest of the state wud have found the paper harder! if u didnt read the question n wrote about a related text then possibily most ppl had a related text prepared wud have included it anyways..
lets just move onl!!! say bye to journey!!

followme

HSC
TABismyfuture said:
Well, let me tell ya, the best esl winning skill you can ever learn is bullshit.

HAHAHA!! Very true! i would say other subjects incl. chem, phy require this skill as well.
why is english compulsory while maths is not? do they think numeracy isnt as important as literacy? Nonetheless, im so happy that NO MORE FREAKING JOURNEYS!!

SHAHEEN420

HSC
TABismyfuture said:
As a matter of truth and fact, this paper bascially did its best to extend the crap like reputation of esl to its ultimate.

First, does any1 have any clear idea where the hell humour is created in that cartoon?

It's stupid, pure idiocy, notwithstanding i found some humour but i dare not write them down.

I showed my dad the cartoon and he laughed at it, and said ' just write down one is full of alcohol and the other two are hit on marijuana....

the feature article, i heard most ppl didn't do that well, huh?

Like I wrote about journey through culture are important for people, especially australians who live in a multicultural society.

The essay question, ha, most ppl found it easy, but i think it's tricky. Unlike most other years, there was not a direction, and that may be the reason why it is easy.

but i didn't like it. anyway, the thing frustrates me most is that it didn't require us to write about own choosing material.

WTHWTHWTHWTHWTH!

If I hadn't wasted time on my choosing material, i would have aced the BOS text and get a definite band 6.

but now, i doubt what i would get.

So i better prepare intensively for paper 2 now.
\

after reading what everyone has said about the essay we had to write and with regards to supplementary material, i must tell you guyz that WE DID HAVE TO INCLUDE that in our essay!!!!!

i remember the question clearly which said, include the prescribed texts, one from the stimulas and other related TEXTS of your own choosing, which meants we had to have at least more then TWO of our own....since it said other Texts of your own!!!!

i hope that im not disappointing those who didnt include, anyway, gud luck the paper two tomorrow

sankochan

HSC
Ahh!!! People, I know I'm lame... but can someone tell me whats happening for paper 2?? What must I do??? I totally have no idea!!
All I know is that I must answer question 2 and 4...:confused:

SHAHEEN420

HSC
sankochan said:
Ahh!!! People, I know I'm lame... but can someone tell me whats happening for paper 2?? What must I do??? I totally have no idea!!

paper 2 consist of two sections:
1. first is the section where they ask you about the elective you have done. for example telling stories or dialogue. they can ask you this question in anyway, you might be required to compose an essay,speech or an interview, it can be anything.

2. is the working and living in the community, or the other elective to do with English...again, here you dont kno what they will ask you...just be prepared to answer different types of questions and compose different types of texts such as speech, review, feature article etc...

GUD LUK

gamecw

HSC
sankochan said:
do u know ur modules? lol

TABismyfuture

HSC
I really lost all impetus to study.

Considering this exam determines the next 3-5 years of my life, I really should study hard, but I just don't want to, the hsc journey is so challenging.

Physically, emotionally and intellectually!

HSC
"Physically,emotionally and intellectually!"

haha. I seem to remember that from the past HSC Journey Question.

Oh no! Journeys.. get out of my mind!!! ugh. lol

and for the related text. No... related text wasnt compulsary. My classmates actaully brought the HSC exam paper out after the test. it said "you may include any related text" so. yeh..lol

HSC
"Physically,emotionally and intellectually!"

haha. I seem to remember that from the past HSC Journey Question.

Oh no! Journeys.. get out of my mind!!! ugh. lol

and for the related text. No... related text wasnt compulsary. My classmates actaully brought the HSC exam paper out after the test. it said "you may include any related text" so. yeh..lol

loolee

HSC
Cade said:
wth?! we needn't talk bout our own material. ah thats juz great, all the time wasted tryin to finish that stupid journey essay. I think the test is not to test how good our English is but more like a speed writing test.
HAHAHAHAHA agreed!!

I can't believe for one year we've study this journey thing and last for 1 1/2 hour last friday...and be ready for 3.25 pm paper 2 tmr. Why it's sooo late in afternoon???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)